Strategy and Manual Trading

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
kinkeadfx

Strategy and Manual Trading

Postby kinkeadfx » 09 Apr 2013

If i had an automated strategy running on a chart, Is it possible to manually close the position before the strategy closes it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Strategy and Manual Trading

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Apr 2013

Hello kinkeadfx,

That is possible to manually close a position that was opened by automated strategy. If you want your auto trading to know about the market position change at broker you need to use a synchronizer script. For more information please refer to this post and Manual Trading and Automated Trading on the Same Instrument at a Time article.

kinkeadfx

Postby kinkeadfx » 10 Apr 2013

So basically i would just add the Synchronizer script to the strategy list, but which Synchronizer script will allow me to manually close a position that was opened by the automated strategy?
Would i use the tradebar or the chart trader to close the positions?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2013

which Synchronizer script will allow me to manually close a position that was opened by the automated strategy?
You are already allowed to do that, even without the synchronizer script. The purpose of the synchronizer script is to keep your auto trading strategy aware of the manual orders you place. Please refer to the articles I have provided above for exact usage examples. If something is still unclear - please describe your exact case.
Would i use the tradebar or the chart trader to close the positions?
You can utilize any manual trading features provided in MultiCharts to do that.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”