Continuous Contracts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Continuous Contracts

Postby MidKnight » 03 Jun 2013

Hi there,

I had continuous contracts via the custom futures facility working fine on my prior installation of MC.net but this re-installed version isn't working. I can't add my symbol root to the dictionary. The data source drop down list is blank and all the buttons are greyed out. How can I get my HSI-HKFE symbol root from Interactive Brokers back into the symbol dictionary?

With thanks,
MK

Edit: Some months ago (and several MC.net versions ago) I had asked if HHI.HK will be available for continuous contracts and support said it would be available in future versions. Is this possible yet?

MidKnight

Re: Continuous Contracts

Postby MidKnight » 03 Jun 2013

As mentioned in another thread. I've had to re-install my OS over the weekend and that meant a re-install of MC.net. In doing so I moved the database and studies OFF C drive. The docs on how to do the move mentioned two registry keys that were not part of my MC.net64 8.5 installation. The other thread highlighted the "StudiesPath" was missing, and now I'm wondering if the other missing registry entry is the root of this problem. The other missing entry was "DictionaryPath" - could this be the problem?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Continuous Contracts  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jun 2013

Hello MidKnight,

You need to add "DictionaryPath" key manually. Set its value as the path to new location of your Dictionary.csv file.

For example new location of the "Dictionary.csv" file is "E:\new_location\". "DictionaryPath" key value will be "E:\new_location\Dictionary.csv"

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”