Install issues with MC.net64 8.5

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Install issues with MC.net64 8.5

Postby MidKnight » 03 Jun 2013

Hi MC Team,

Due to recently having to install a completely fresh version of MC.net64 I ran into several issues that should not have been there either due to documentation oversights
  • - Keep the registry sane and get rid of unused key/values.
    "CurrentStudiesLocation" is unused/deprecated
    "StudiesPath" was missing from my install
    "DictionaryPath" was missing from my install
  • - Do not include functions that have been renamed if the person is doing a full clean install of MC.net64.
    Pcnt_Decrease
    Pcnt_Increase
    PcntChg
    PcntR
    Avg_Close_Greate_Avg_Open
Finally I'm back up and running, but it took 3 days because I had to wait for support due to doing the re-install on a weekend with encountering the issues above.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Install issues with MC.net64 8.5

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Jun 2013

Hi MC Team,

Due to recently having to install a completely fresh version of MC.net64 I ran into several issues that should not have been there either due to documentation oversights
Hello MidKnight,

Thank you for your feedback.
Keep the registry sane and get rid of unused key/values.
"CurrentStudiesLocation" is unused/deprecated
"StudiesPath" was missing from my install
"DictionaryPath" was missing from my install
Added to our to-do list.
Keep documents up to date with regards registry key/value changes
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... om_C_Drive as an example.
Already updated.
- Do not include functions that have been renamed if the person is doing a full clean install of MC.net64.
Pcnt_Decrease
Pcnt_Increase
PcntChg
PcntR
Obsolete functions/indicators are not included in the installer. If you do a clean install you will not have them. If you update from an old version-that is expected that you have them as installer do not delete the studies (you could have modified them and added your own code that is important for you).

MidKnight

Re: Install issues with MC.net64 8.5

Postby MidKnight » 05 Jun 2013

- Do not include functions that have been renamed if the person is doing a full clean install of MC.net64.
Pcnt_Decrease
Pcnt_Increase
PcntChg
PcntR
Obsolete functions/indicators are not included in the installer. If you do a clean install you will not have them. If you update from an old version-that is expected that you have them as installer do not delete the studies (you could have modified them and added your own code that is important for you).
Oops, yes you are right - my apologies. Its been a flustered few days doing the re-install and I forgot that I had installed my old StudiesServer directory from backup which did indeed include studies from a prior version of MC.net64

With kind regards,
MK

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”