Mutliple timeframes in portfolio backtester with IQFeed  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
robbob

Mutliple timeframes in portfolio backtester with IQFeed

Postby robbob » 25 Jun 2013

Recently the portfolio backtester was working well with a strategy that was using multiple time frames. I am using 15 minute bars as the primary and 1 day bars as the informational instrument.

Now however I am getting an error message saying "Data could not be obtained for the following symbols @C#C IQFeed". I can pull up both 1 day and 15 minute bars in an MC chart workspace, so I know that the data is present. Also, the portfolio backtester will work if I choose 60 minute or 1 hour bars as the informational instrument, but not 1 day or 1 week bars as the informational instrument.

I just got done with IQ tech support and they think the issue is in the MC portfolio backtester since I am able to pull up the IQFeed data in the MC charts without any problem.

I am on MC 8.5

thanks,
-Rob

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Mutliple timeframes in portfolio backtester with IQFeed

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jun 2013

Hello Rob,

Are you able to backtest this portfolio in Oflline mode?
(Multicharts->File tab->Preferences->Data server mode->Offline
Portfolio Backtester->Data->uncheck "download data before backtesting")

If you are still unable to do that please send me (support@multicharts.com) the following information:
1) What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About);
2) Portfolio workspace you are using;
3) MultiCharts workspace you are using;
4) in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Send me the Qmd export file for analysis.

If the file size is >10 mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link.

robbob

Re: Mutliple timeframes in portfolio backtester with IQFeed

Postby robbob » 25 Jun 2013

Thanks Henry, going offline did not work, so I'll put the additional info you requested together later tonite.

-Rob

robbob

Re: Mutliple timeframes in portfolio backtester with IQFeed  [SOLVED]

Postby robbob » 26 Jun 2013

Henry,
looks like this was an issue with IQFeed after all. Thanks for your help.

-Rob

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”