Data Import Confusion  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Data Import Confusion

Postby MidKnight » 26 Jun 2013

Hi there,

I have some daily data files that I want to overlay with price. This data will be manually updated (once a week) by me. How do I get this into the MC.net64 database? I've read over the docs on it and I'm confused. Do I need to do a mapping ascii thing? or can I just import the ascii data straight in? The data only consists of a date and a LAST price.

With thanks in advance,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Data Import Confusion  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jun 2013

Hello MidKnight,

ASCII import is a onetime data transfer from an ASCII file into MultiCharts database. It is possible for one file at a time.
The data will not be updated from the ASCII file automatically.
More information: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rting_Data

ASCII mapping creates a link from the software to the ASCII file with data. ASCII mapping does not import data into MultiCharts database (Edit data window of QuoteManager will be empty). Each time you plot an ASCII mapping symbol-the data is taken from the file directly. That is possible to map multiple ASCII files at the same time. You do not need to create ASCII mapping instrument manually-it is created automatically upon mapping.
More information: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ping_ASCII
The data only consists of a date and a LAST price.
"Date","Open", "High", "Low", "Close" are the necessary fields for daily data import/mapping.

MidKnight

Re: Data Import Confusion

Postby MidKnight » 26 Jun 2013

Thanks Henry,

I was just now trying to delete my question because I had just figured out how to do it. Thanks a lot though.

With kind regards,
MK

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”