Volume Profile position options with "Start/End" settings?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Laurentius

Volume Profile position options with "Start/End" settings?

Postby Laurentius » 14 Jul 2013

Hello,

I probably know the answer to this already, but before I do a feature request I thought I'll ask on the forum just in case I missed out on something.

When I use the Volume Profile in my analysis I use the "Start/End: Date - Time" settings, because most often I do not want previous and current price swings to be included in the calculations. But from what I have figured out one are then forced to have the Volume Profile itself on time span End or Start somewhere on the instrument itself and not at Right or Left edge. Visually I think this is impractical and for the screenshots for my log and reviews this is not the best thing to print out I think.

I have attached a picture for illustration where I have set "End" time on a swing low. If I try to set the Volume Profile to the left edge it will jump out of sight and back to "Start", which is not practical either.

Ideally with the "Start/End: Date - Time" settings I would like the Volume Profile to dynamically stay at the left or right edge of the chart no matter what "Date - Time" settings used. The "Time Frame" frame/Price Range highlighting which is now I do not mind being as it is.

Any comments or suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Laurentius
Volume Profile always right or left edge.png
(32.11 KiB) Downloaded 788 times

arnie

Re: Volume Profile position options with "Start/End" setting

Postby arnie » 17 Jul 2013

As it it right now, using start/end option the profile is only capable of drawing inside selected period.

The easiest way to fix this would be an option to draw on the right or left edge if we select the start/end option, something similar to the pin option that toggles the end date/time between the last bar on the chart or the one we choose on the calendar.

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 17 Jul 2013

Thanks Arnie. I'll do a feature request then.

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 18 Jul 2013

Just did a feature request on the matter here:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1405

Laurentius

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”