CQG API shuts down after prolonged connection loss  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Laurentius

CQG API shuts down after prolonged connection loss

Postby Laurentius » 18 Jul 2013

Hello,

Yesterday I had a prolonged internet connection loss, but when it was up running again MC/CQG API did not reconnect.

From the Event Log in QuoteManager I saw that there was several reconnection attempts, but it ceased about an hour and twenty minutes before I got it up and running again. I checked out Windows Task Manager and noticed that CQG.Trader.Services.CEL.Host.exe was not running anymore. I tried to restart it manually, but it refused to start.

I do not know if this is normal behavior and to be expected after a prolonged connection loss, but anyhow I exited both MC and QM and did a restart. It then worked fine as normal.

Is there a more friendly or easy way to manage this so I don't have to restart the whole thing?

I have previously experienced a connection loss where CQG.Trader.Services.CEL.Host.exe was still running, but not connecting. I then closed the application in Windows Task Manager and restarted it manually. It then reconnected.

I have attached a picture of the QM Event Log.

OS is Windows 8.

Thanks,
Laurentius
Attachments
QuoteManager Event Log.png
(16.16 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: CQG API shuts down after prolonged connection loss  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jul 2013

Hello Laurentius,

Which version of CQG API do you use ? It is recommended to run ver 5.00.104.
In case the same issue happens again please manually compress the logs and send them to me (support@multicharts.com) for analysis.

Laurentius

Re: CQG API shuts down after prolonged connection loss

Postby Laurentius » 19 Jul 2013

Hello Henry,

Thank you very much for your follow up. I appreciate it.

I was not aware that there was a new API version out. Regarding this I think it a bit unfortunate that there is no alert for when new versions are released. I check out the blog and forum once in a while, but have not seen any notification that there was a new version. It would have been nice if there was a permanent download page or thread which was updated every time there was a new version.

Best regards,
Laurentius

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jul 2013

There is no announcement for CQG API update as there are no critical issues with it :)
The link for the latest stable and recommended API can be found in CQG connection guide and CQG connection instructions forum thread.

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 19 Jul 2013

Thank you Henry for your follow up. Good guides.

I'll save the links for future use.

Best regards,
Laurentius

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”