Event for detecting scrolling

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

Event for detecting scrolling

Postby Fabrice » 15 Aug 2013

It seems there is no event generated when we scroll the chart left/right, for example by using the left or right arrows at the bottom of the chart. If this is correct, then I would like to have this event (for firing a redraw of some lines for example) because having to wait for a tick is not always appropriate.
Regards.

Fabrice

Re: Event for detecting scrolling

Postby Fabrice » 15 Aug 2013

I am learning to use GDI+, and what I have seen let me think that sooner or later, I will completely abandon the "historic" drawing tools (DrwTxt, DrwTrenLine etc.). So this request is not so important for me. However, I think it may still be interesting to have those events for those not using GDI+.
Regards.

PS: I believe you should put more examples / teasing around GDI+ because I had not realized its power before "putting my hands in the engine". It is still poorly documented, and a fight to get simple things done. But, when it works, it is just letting the drawing tools inherited from TS light years on the starting line... It is really a new world. The only advantages I still find is the ability to detect crosses and to get the value of a trend line at any bar, which may be useful, especially in strategies.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Event for detecting scrolling

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Aug 2013

It seems there is no event generated when we scroll the chart left/right, for example by using the left or right arrows at the bottom of the chart. If this is correct, then I would like to have this event (for firing a redraw of some lines for example) because having to wait for a tick is not always appropriate.
Regards.
Hello Fabrice,

That is possible to use RecalcLastBarAfter to automatically recalculate your code or CStudyAbstract.OnMouseEvent Method to trigger manual code recalculation.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”