Setting from code chart/window properties

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Fabrice

Setting from code chart/window properties

Postby Fabrice » 22 Aug 2013

It seems it is not possible to change the color of the background. This sounds strange. I hope we will have access to the full range of chart/window properties in a future release, such as being able to set background color, text/font/background color for axis, cursor mode, etc. The idea is to be able to configure entirely from the code what we can do manually today.
Regards.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Setting from code chart/window properties

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Aug 2013

Hello Fabrice,

This feature has not been implemented yet. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 27 Aug 2013

As a matter of fact, it is not only the background that I wish to be able to set, but everything that affect how charts are displayed. Simply stated, I would like to be able to define every visual settings from an indicator without having to tweak them manually. That includes :

*** All the tabs of the "Format Window" :
- Background : color, grid, session breaks
- Appearance : subchart dividers, title bar, scroll bar
- Y price scale : left/right, style, font, marker style
- S time scale : bar spacing, chart shift, empty periods, MS timestamp, scale, style, font
- status line : tracking mode, multiline mode, items selections, colors, font

*** The hint window : font, transparency, color

*** Format instrument
- scaling : range, margin, type, center last price, digit, scale, labels
- style : ohlc, candlesticks, line,...
- VP on/off and every settings of VP

*** Strategies
- what is displayed (entry/exit price / # contracts) and how (color, font, symbol)

My idea is to implement a thing like a "theme" for MultiCharts, where everything is defined and we do not have to do this manually anymore. But this requires to give us access to all visual elements from C#, and being able to change "on-the-fly" these settings from the code.

This is something I have always missed. It is really boring and time-consuming of having to apply *manually* new settings to all already existing windows, since there is not other possibility to change a setting for several windows at once. This would further extents the abilities and usability of MC.Net.

Regards.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 27 Aug 2013

If interested you can vote for it : here

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”