Broker Connection - IB  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Lawrence

Broker Connection - IB

Postby Lawrence » 30 Sep 2013

Hello, I am new to MC.net so I may do something wrong...
My IB TWS is not running on the charting PC.
I have created a Brokerprofile for IB under File > Brokerprofiles > Manage Broker Profiles using the IP Address for the other PC (were TWS is running).
MC says "Connected" (on Chart Trading window too). So far it is well.
Now - opening a DOM Window. The Broker Connection Button is green - OK. But Now - when trying to add an instrument via Lookup, MC is trying to connect to TWS locally (it starts my local TWS login). MC is obviously NOT using the BrokerProfile settings and the existing connection for Symbol LookUp.
How to resolve this.?
Thanks,
Rainer

JoshM

Re: Broker Connection - IB  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 30 Sep 2013

(..)
Now - opening a DOM Window. The Broker Connection Button is green - OK. But Now - when trying to add an instrument via Lookup, MC is trying to connect to TWS locally (it starts my local TWS login). MC is obviously NOT using the BrokerProfile settings and the existing connection for Symbol LookUp.
How to resolve this.?
This is probably caused by the QuoteManager data source settings for IB. On this wikipage you can find how to access the data source settings. On this page there's more information about configuring IB's data feed. You'll probably want to uncheck the option 'Launch Trader Workstation at start', if I understand you correctly.

Lawrence

Re: Broker Connection - IB

Postby Lawrence » 30 Sep 2013

YES! Thanks! It is solved!

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”