Slow to plot "tick" updates from IB datasource  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Slow to plot "tick" updates from IB datasource

Postby MidKnight » 07 Nov 2013

Hi there,

Attached is a chart comparing quotes from the IB TWS charting with MC.net charting. Consistently, MC.net will lag behind. I'm not talking about micro-second, but like a full 1 or more seconds. It is not because I'm doing intensive work with MC.net.

My charting is very minimal without any complex indicators (well not really any indicators at all) and at the point of this screen cap I only have data coming in for 4 other markets.

My third party order entry platform is matching IB quotes immediately.

Any idea what is going on here? It is quite disorientating. Note that I did not snap this screenshot the immediate micro-second they went out of sync on price quotes, I paused for a moment.

With kind regards,
MK
Attachments
MK_2013-11-07_203948.png
(51.5 KiB) Downloaded 648 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Slow to plot "tick" updates from IB datasource  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2013

Hello MidKnight,

Please disable the option “Generate new tick if total volume changes” in QuoteManager->Tools->DataSources->IB->Settings and restart MultiCharts and all of its processes.

If you still have data discrepancy - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST so that we can connect to your PC remotely and run IB API sample that will show the realtime data provided by IB.

MidKnight

Re: Slow to plot "tick" updates from IB datasource

Postby MidKnight » 11 Nov 2013

Hi Henry,

That fixed the problem, thanks. No idea what the difference is internally to MC.net but the price updates are now in sync with third party execution platform.

With kind regards,
MK

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”