Visual Studio 2010 debug failure  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
tradetree

Visual Studio 2010 debug failure

Postby tradetree » 12 Nov 2013

I have read through the Programming Guide .NET and I have built my Strategy successfully in the PLeditor. I have VS 2010 and I clicked on the blue button in the editor to start debug. VS 2010 comes up, but has 102 errors. It doesn't recommend that I continue with debug and I'd agree.

The first error is quite revealing. It has "IndicatorObject" is not defined. As I have a strategy I do not use any such object. I searched in my strategy and indeed there is no reference to an "IndicatorObject". Where is this coming from? It appears to be a linker error where it is bringing in headers and failing to find the related source files or dll reference?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Visual Studio 2010 debug failure

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Nov 2013

Hello tradetree,

Usually the source file the errors are coming from is specified in VS error list.
Are all errors coming from the same file? Is this the cs file with your strategy?
Are all studies compiled ok in your PowerLanguage .Net Editor (there are no uncompiled studies)?

tradetree

Postby tradetree » 13 Nov 2013

Yes, the VS error list is all VB files, ie vb_Accum_Swing_Index.Indicator.VB. Project is "PLStudiesVB2010". None of the errors have anything to do with my source file or anything I even would need. These are all VB files.

"Are all studies compiled ok in your PowerLanguage .Net Editor (there are no uncompiled studies)?" I clicked on the two ways to build, and it comes back "Build Succeeded" in the PL editor. I don't know what else to do to compile other studies. I only have one file I have modified. Does it only compile opened files in the editor or all files? Either way it still should be fine because the one file I have is opened in the editor. I also know it compiles as I had many errors when I was developing the strategy, and it now compiles clean.

I also deleted a strategy that was part of the standard set, but I don't see why that would affect anything.

tradetree

Postby tradetree » 14 Nov 2013

Support this morning told me to ignore the VB errors. Kind of makes me uncomfortable, but for now that is how I'll proceed. I would suggest the documentation for debugging reflect this reality.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Visual Studio 2010 debug failure  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Nov 2013

tradetree, you can disregard the error message you have for VB files.
In VB project there are no references for MC builds, unlike in C# project.
So there are no actual errors.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 14 Nov 2013

Yes, the VS error list is all VB files, ie vb_Accum_Swing_Index.Indicator.VB. Project is "PLStudiesVB2010". None of the errors have anything to do with my source file or anything I even would need. These are all VB files.
I had the same problem, which made the error list in VS hard to read since there were a lot of false positives from VB (which I don't use).

To solve it, I went to the Solution Explorer in VS, right-clicked 'PLStudiesVB2010' and choose 'unload project'. That way only the C# project remains in the PLStudies2010 solution.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”