MULTICHARTS .NET 8.8 RELEASE

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS .NET 8.8 RELEASE

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Dec 2013

MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release delivers exciting and long-awaited features!

New features include:
  • Desktops for saving MultiCharts layouts on all monitors
  • Daily data can be plotted with different session templates at the same time because daily bars can be formed out of minute data
  • Advanced Market Scanner for scanning almost all the stocks
MultiCharts has become easier with improved usability:
  • Dynamic Naming for orders based on script calculations
  • Hidden data series now do not affect the bar space of visible data series
  • MultiCharts Performance Report can be now exported into OpenOffice
  • Limit Order Execution Assumptions has been also added to Portfolio Backtester
  • Improved the optimization process: no annoying verification messages any longer when the Start Value, End Value, and Step are changed
Learn more about all the new features, get more details and proceed to the download page.

Ask our support if you have any questions!

shanemcdonald

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 8.8 RELEASE

Postby shanemcdonald » 03 Dec 2013

thats great news !
Thanks !

clonardo

Postby clonardo » 05 Dec 2013

Looks like a _ton_ of meaningful bug fixes. I'm excited to try it out.

magcf

Postby magcf » 05 Dec 2013

1) Please forgive the silly question, but from this quote about exporting and importing user data " It is important to understand that you can back up MultiCharts files to restore them successfully later only if the backup and restore procedures were completed for exactly the same version (the build numbers in brackets that can be found in Help -> About MultiCharts should match) of the software", it would look like the installation of 8.8 would lose the templates and charts created with 8.7. Am I wrong? I hope so...

2) The updater from 8.7 MC .NET SE (on a Windows 7 64bit machine) does not mention/recognise the availability of the new 8.8 .NET SE release, only a later 8.7XX version: is this correct/normal?

3) 8.8 looks definitely like a major step forward, and it will be even more when the .NET and .NET SE will benefit from the "study on study" like found on the new "classic" MC 8.8 release.

Thanks

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 06 Dec 2013

1) Please forgive the silly question, but from this quote about exporting and importing user data " It is important to understand that you can back up MultiCharts files to restore them successfully later only if the backup and restore procedures were completed for exactly the same version (the build numbers in brackets that can be found in Help -> About MultiCharts should match) of the software", it would look like the installation of 8.8 would lose the templates and charts created with 8.7. Am I wrong? I hope so...
No worries :-)
It will be working just fine. The statement above means that if you use MC 8.5 and you want to move your database to MC 8.7 by simple copy-paste of the files, it won't work that way. More actions will be required to do this. But update procedure will do this for you.
2) The updater from 8.7 MC .NET SE (on a Windows 7 64bit machine) does not mention/recognise the availability of the new 8.8 .NET SE release, only a later 8.7XX version: is this correct/normal?
Please download MC .NET 8.8 from these links:
3) 8.8 looks definitely like a major step forward, and it will be even more when the .NET and .NET SE will benefit from the "study on study" like found on the new "classic" MC 8.8 release.
In MC .NET it has been possible from within the script.

magcf

Postby magcf » 06 Dec 2013

Thanks Andrew.

What do you intend with "in .Net, study on study is possible from the script"? In 8.7 this wasn't an option. Or do I need to write a code? Hope not, my programming skills are basic....

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 06 Dec 2013

What do you intend with "in .Net, study on study is possible from the script"? In 8.7 this wasn't an option. Or do I need to write a code? Hope not, my programming skills are basic....
There's an example for that here.

magcf

Thanks Josh, but that is still double dutch to me, I used to program in Pascal and Fortran (around thirty years ago...), but have stopped and completely missed out on the object oriented languages.

Thanks again anyway.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 06 Dec 2013

Or do I need to write a code? Hope not, my programming skills are basic....
In MC .NET it is possible from within a code only at the moment.

magcf

Or do I need to write a code? Hope not, my programming skills are basic....
In MC .NET it is possible from within a code only at the moment.

I'll be waiting then.

Thanks

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 11 Jan 2014

If I remove a strategy or indicator that uses a ChartToolbar, the toolbar remains but the buttons are removed:
(with the default _Chart_ToolBar_Example_ indicator)

Is this expected behaviour? How can the empty toolbar be removed? (Calling the Dispose() method on it did not help)

(Using MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365))
Attachments
scr.11-01-2014 13.42.52.png
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 7265 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Jan 2014

If I remove a strategy or indicator that uses a ChartToolbar, the toolbar remains but the buttons are removed:
(with the default _Chart_ToolBar_Example_ indicator)
Is this expected behaviour? How can the empty toolbar be removed? (Calling the Dispose() method on it did not help)
(Using MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365))
Hello JoshM,

In order to make the toolbar disappear the StopCalc method needs to be reloaded, ChartToolBar Visible property should be set to False. Attached is the udpated code.
Attachments
_Chart_ToolBar_Example_mod.pln
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 682 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 14 Jan 2014

In order to make the toolbar disappear the StopCalc method needs to be reloaded, ChartToolBar Visible property should be set to False. Attached is the udpated code.
Thank you Henry.

As a suggestion; the following code generates a never-ending loop on MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365) with the indicator stuck in 'Calculating...':

Code: Select all

using System;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using PowerLanguage.Function;

namespace PowerLanguage.Indicator
{
[SameAsSymbol(true)]
public class SetMaxBarsBack : IndicatorObject
{
public SetMaxBarsBack(object _ctx) : base(_ctx) { }

protected override void StartCalc()
{
ExecInfo.MaxBarsBack = 100;
}

protected override void CalcBar()
{
if (Bars.LastBarOnChart)
{
double higher = Bars.High[200];
}
}
}
}
Though not that surprising given the obvious error, but perhaps there are more stable ways to deal with this type of errors than letting the calculation thread be stuck in such a loop.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jan 2014

Thank you Henry.
As a suggestion; the following code generates a never-ending loop on MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365) with the indicator stuck in 'Calculating...':

Though not that surprising given the obvious error, but perhaps there are more stable ways to deal with this type of errors than letting the calculation thread be stuck in such a loop.
Josh, before modifying ExecInfo.MaxBarsBack you need to make sure it is not equal to 100.
Do not modify it, if it is == 100. You also need to have enough bars on your chart.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 16 Jan 2014

Josh, before modifying ExecInfo.MaxBarsBack you need to make sure it is not equal to 100.
Do not modify it, if it is == 100. You also need to have enough bars on your chart.
I know Henry. It was a suggestion to improve this behaviour, so that the MultiCharts.exe process does not get stuck in 'recalculation mode' when the user makes this error.

There's a typo in the reconnection of LMAX:

It says 'reconecting' instead of 'reconnecting' (MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365)).
Attachments
scr.13-01-2014 18.20.11.png
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 7283 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jan 2014

There's a typo in the reconnection of LMAX:

It says 'reconecting' instead of 'reconnecting' (MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365)).
Thank you for reporting. We'll get that corrected.

aiti

Postby aiti » 21 Jan 2014

Here are new updates for MC 8.8 net

https://www.multicharts.com/net/trading ... -download/

Version: 8.8.8594 for 32 bit

and

Version: 8.8.8595 for 64 bit

aiti :smile:

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 03 Mar 2014

I've made a new feature request and thought I should mention it here in hope it gets reviewed earlier:

MC-1617 - Add more overloaded methods to the ISymbolsStorage interface

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Mar 2014

I've made a new feature request and thought I should mention it here in hope it gets reviewed earlier:

MC-1617 - Add more overloaded methods to the ISymbolsStorage interface

Thanks!
JoshM, this improvement is targeted to MultiCharts 9.0.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Mar 2014

I noticed something odd with MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365):

If I program in a file in Visual Studio 2010, and then double-click on the data series (to bring up the Format Instrument screen), the open file in Visual Studio 2010 randomly switches to another open file.

Quite odd :), is this something that can be caused by MC or should I go over my VS settings?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Mar 2014

In MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365), the Command Line does not seem to work correctly with parameters for creating a new chart (wiki page). For example,

ChartCommands.CommandLine("LM:GBP/USD; FOREX; FX");
Does not creates a new chart, but operates as the equivalent of `.csy name=GBP/USD, df=LMAX`.

Furthermore, the 'create new chart from command line'-option only works manually in empty workspaces, otherwise it will change the primary data series of an already existing chart.

Lastly, if I click on the arrow down-dropdown menu option in the Command Line toolbar, the menu with previous commands opens but also immediately closes again.

Can these three things be looked into? Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Mar 2014

I noticed something odd with MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365):

If I program in a file in Visual Studio 2010, and then double-click on the data series (to bring up the Format Instrument screen), the open file in Visual Studio 2010 randomly switches to another open file.

Quite odd :), is this something that can be caused by MC or should I go over my VS settings?
Hello JoshM,

We were unable to replicate this behavior on our end. That is less likely that the reason is MultiCharts. Please try this scenario with a different application in focus.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Mar 2014

In MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365), the Command Line does not seem to work correctly with parameters for creating a new chart (wiki page). For example,

ChartCommands.CommandLine("LM:GBP/USD; FOREX; FX");
Does not creates a new chart, but operates as the equivalent of `.csy name=GBP/USD, df=LMAX`.
That is correct. There is no command to crete a new chart from the code.
Furthermore, the 'create new chart from command line'-option only works manually in empty workspaces, otherwise it will change the primary data series of an already existing chart.
That is expected behavior.
Lastly, if I click on the arrow down-dropdown menu option in the Command Line toolbar, the menu with previous commands opens but also immediately closes again.
Please make sure you are running the build 8594 or 8595. These builds have the fix for this issue.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 Mar 2014

That is correct. There is no command to crete a new chart from the code.
Thanks Henry. Then there is probably a little typo on the wiki page, which says:
Creating Charts Using the Command Line Toolbar

A new chart can be created by entering the symbol parameters into the Command Line toolbar (...)
Or perhaps I read it wrong.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Mar 2014

Thanks Henry. Then there is probably a little typo on the wiki page, which says:
Creating Charts Using the Command Line Toolbar
Hello JoshM,

I have udpated the Wiki to avoid any further confusion.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Mar 2014

MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release 3 is a minor upgrade that includes the hot fixes for issues in 8.8 Release reported by our customers and some minor improvements along with the all new features of MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release.

>>>MULTICHARTS .NET 8.8 RELEASE – WHAT’S NEW<<<

>>>Go to Download Page<<<

You can get acquainted with all the new features added and bugs fixed in MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release here.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 May 2014

MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release 4 is a minor upgrade that includes the hot fixes for issues in 8.8 Release reported by our customers and some minor improvements along with the all new features of MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release.

You can get acquainted with all the new features added and bugs fixed in MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release here.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 20 May 2014

Is there a property that can be used to differentiate if the instrument uses 'Tick Count' or 'Trade Volume' as its 'Build Volume On' setting?

I'm asking because it's important to be able to differentiate between these two, since this setting affects the volume data (and thus the calculations).

Dru

Postby Dru » 27 May 2014

Is there a property that can be used to differentiate if the instrument uses 'Tick Count' or 'Trade Volume' as its 'Build Volume On' setting?
PowerLanguage.NET Help
IInstrumentSettings.BVO Property
Read-only property. Returns built volume on tick-count or volume.

public BuildVolumeOn BVO { public get; }

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 19 Jun 2014

I'm not on the new beta yet, so it might be already fixed (though it's not in the changelog or I overlooked it): `BarsOfData(2).StatusLine.Ask` (and other `BarsOfData(x).StatusLine` properties) return data from the primary data series, not from the data series specified.

For example, if data 1 is EUR/USD and data 2 EUR/GBP (0.79903), `BarsOfData(2).StatusLine.Ask` returns 1.36213, which is the ask price of the EUR/USD symbol, not from data 2.

I'm using MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Jun 2014

I'm not on the new beta yet, so it might be already fixed (though it's not in the changelog or I overlooked it): `BarsOfData(2).StatusLine.Ask` (and other `BarsOfData(x).StatusLine` properties) return data from the primary data series, not from the data series specified.

For example, if data 1 is EUR/USD and data 2 EUR/GBP (0.79903), `BarsOfData(2).StatusLine.Ask` returns 1.36213, which is the ask price of the EUR/USD symbol, not from data 2.

I'm using MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365).
JoshM, thank you for reporting. This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts .NET 9.0 Beta2.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Jul 2014

A tiny thing in MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365) that I'd like to see changed, is keeping the error messages persistent.

For example, the "unaccessible property (method)" error message automatically closes after 5-10 seconds. Error messages that don't originate from MultiCharts .NET, such accessing the wrong index of an array, don't have this time-out.

Could the error messages from MultiCharts be kept active, and only removed when the user has clicked on them? Currently I make screenshots of every error message so that I can read them closely without a rush, but that's not very convenient.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Jul 2014

A tiny thing in MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365) that I'd like to see changed, is keeping the error messages persistent.

For example, the "unaccessible property (method)" error message automatically closes after 5-10 seconds. Error messages that don't originate from MultiCharts .NET, such accessing the wrong index of an array, don't have this time-out.

Could the error messages from MultiCharts be kept active, and only removed when the user has clicked on them? Currently I make screenshots of every error message so that I can read them closely without a rush, but that's not very convenient.
JoshM, such error messages persist on the screen on our end.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 13 Jul 2014

JoshM, such error messages persist on the screen on our end.
Thanks for looking into it, then I'll see if I can replicate it on a consistent basis.

Something I could not find in the changelogs of the beta versions:

With using MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365) on Windows 7 SP1, the 'on hover' text from the Command Line often does not goes away. And when selecting another window (that will then be placed over the MultiCharts window), the hyperlink text 'shines through'.

For example, with FireFox:

To remove this, I need to switch back to the MultiCharts window and click a few times in the Command Line textbox.

Edit: I cannot replicate this behaviour on MultiCharts64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8967).

Perhaps it is related to the layout of the toolbars in my MC .NET, which differs from the layout in MC regular. In MC .NET, my toolbars are placed at the very top:

In regular MultiCharts, they are placed at the bottom:

A second issue with the ChartCommands textbox is that, when I click the pulldown menu's arrow to see the history of commands, the menu opens but also immediately closes again. This only happens on the .NET version; not in the regular MC version.
Attachments
scr.13-07-2014 07.44.38.png
(8.67 KiB) Downloaded 6371 times
scr.13-07-2014 07.42.03.png
(47.77 KiB) Downloaded 6290 times
scr.13-07-2014 07.04.34.png
(39.14 KiB) Downloaded 6296 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Jul 2014

Hello JoshM,

These command line issues have been resolved in the second Release build of MC 8.8.
Your version MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365) is the 1st Release build.
MultiCharts64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8967) is the 2nd Release build.

Please update your MultiCharts .NET to build 9190/9191 (which is the 4rt Release build) to get the fixes for these issues.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 25 Jul 2014

MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release 4 is a minor upgrade that includes the hot fixes for issues in 8.8 Release reported by our customers and some minor improvements along with the all new features of MultiCharts .NET 8.8 Release.

Gero

Postby Gero » 30 Jul 2014

Why have IB/TWS the old build (9245) and not the new (9593)?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Jul 2014

Why have IB/TWS the old build (9245) and not the new (9593)?
MultiCharts for TWS will be soon updated to fix the missing portions of historical data from Interactive Brokers when using Java 1.7.0_60 or higher.

Gero

Postby Gero » 30 Jul 2014

Will this update appears automatically or how does it work?

I´m using Java 8 update 11

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Jul 2014

Will this update appears automatically or how does it work? I´m using Java 8 update 11
You will get a notification about a new version when you launch MultiCharts from TWS window.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Aug 2014

Will this update appears automatically or how does it work?

I´m using Java 8 update 11
IB has implemented a solution in TWS as well. From now on - it is enough to just update your TWS to the latest version. All builds, including stable and latest TWS standalone, as well as all web-based builds (Latest, Stable and Beta), are now refreshed with the missing data (timezone) fix. Please disregard the "old" release dates on IB website, they have not been updated as the main build number remains unchanged.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 10 Aug 2014

The `Plots` property returns a list (`IList<IPlotObject>`) with all existing plots in an indicator, which includes both the `IPlotObject` and `IPlotObjectStr` objects.

But how can I loop through this collection and determine whether a specific plot object is an `IPlotObject` or `IPlotObjectStr`? Using the `as` keywords shows that all are `IPlotObject`, which is the collection type of `Plots`.

It seems like this information is lost in the current implementation of `Plots`.

foreach (IPlotObject plot in Plots)
{
if (plot is IPlotObject)
{
Output.WriteLine("Plot '{0}' is an IPlotObject",
plot.Name);
}
else if (plot is IPlotObjectStr)
{
Output.WriteLine("Plot '{0}' is an IPlotObjectStr",
plot.Name);
}
}
(Using MC .NET 8.8 Release)

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 10 Aug 2014

What is the use of the `PointValue` property? It is not documented in the Wiki (e.g., see here) and the help says "Returns symbol’s Point Value.".

Its returned value is also inconsistent with its name: it does not return the value of one point. For the ES, for example, it returns 0,50.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Aug 2014

The `Plots` property returns a list (`IList<IPlotObject>`) with all existing plots in an indicator, which includes both the `IPlotObject` and `IPlotObjectStr` objects.

But how can I loop through this collection and determine whether a specific plot object is an `IPlotObject` or `IPlotObjectStr`? Using the `as` keywords shows that all are `IPlotObject`, which is the collection type of `Plots`.

It seems like this information is lost in the current implementation of `Plots`.

foreach (IPlotObject plot in Plots)
{
if (plot is IPlotObject)
{
Output.WriteLine("Plot '{0}' is an IPlotObject",
plot.Name);
}
else if (plot is IPlotObjectStr)
{
Output.WriteLine("Plot '{0}' is an IPlotObjectStr",
plot.Name);
}
}
(Using MC .NET 8.8 Release)
There are no methods for that. The only way to determine the plot object type is by giving a descriptive name to a plot.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Aug 2014

What is the use of the `PointValue` property? It is not documented in the Wiki (e.g., see here) and the help says "Returns symbol’s Point Value.".

Its returned value is also inconsistent with its name: it does not return the value of one point. For the ES, for example, it returns 0,50.
It is the same as in the PowerLanguage. Please see PointValue

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 13 Aug 2014

I'd like to request a minor feature: can an enumerator be added to the `CalculationReason` enumeration that signals that a script is recalculated by the `ExecControl.Recalculate()` method?

Currently, in MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365), calling this recalculate method is accompanied with `CalculationReason.Default`. But I'd like to know whether the calculation happened with a new bar or with a forced recalculation.

There's already an enumerator for `Timer` when the `RecalcLastBarAfter()` method is triggered, but not yet for `ExecControl.Recalculate()` itself.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Aug 2014

I'd like to request a minor feature: can an enumerator be added to the `CalculationReason` enumeration that signals that a script is recalculated by the `ExecControl.Recalculate()` method?

Currently, in MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365), calling this recalculate method is accompanied with `CalculationReason.Default`. But I'd like to know whether the calculation happened with a new bar or with a forced recalculation.

There's already an enumerator for `Timer` when the `RecalcLastBarAfter()` method is triggered, but not yet for `ExecControl.Recalculate()` itself.
Thank you for your suggestion. It has been added to our to-do list for MultiCharts .NET 9.1 beta 1.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 30 Aug 2014

If I set the 'Chart Shift' to 20% in the 'Format Window' window, the `Environment.ChartShiftPcnt` property returns 0 and `Environment.ChartShiftBars` returns 11.

It seems like `Environment.ChartShiftPcnt` always return 0, whether the 'Chart Shift' option is set to bars or percentage. If I understand it correctly, this property should return 20 here if I set chart shift to 20%.

Using MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365).

{
if (Bars.LastBarOnChart)
{
Output.WriteLine(
"Bar spacing: {0}, distance to " +
"right border: {1} bars or {2}%.",
Environment.BarSpacing,
Environment.ChartShiftBars,
Environment.ChartShiftPcnt
);
}
}
Output for different 'Chart Shift' settings:

Bar spacing: 9, distance to right border: 20 bars or 0%.
Bar spacing: 9, distance to right border: 11 bars or 0%.
Bar spacing: 9, distance to right border: 25 bars or 0%.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Sep 2014

If I set the 'Chart Shift' to 20% in the 'Format Window' window, the `Environment.ChartShiftPcnt` property returns 0 and `Environment.ChartShiftBars` returns 11.

It seems like `Environment.ChartShiftPcnt` always return 0, whether the 'Chart Shift' option is set to bars or percentage. If I understand it correctly, this property should return 20 here if I set chart shift to 20%.

Using MultiCharts .NET64 Version 8.8 Release (Build 8365).

{
if (Bars.LastBarOnChart)
{
Output.WriteLine(
"Bar spacing: {0}, distance to " +
"right border: {1} bars or {2}%.",
Environment.BarSpacing,
Environment.ChartShiftBars,
Environment.ChartShiftPcnt
);
}
}
Output for different 'Chart Shift' settings:

Bar spacing: 9, distance to right border: 20 bars or 0%.
Bar spacing: 9, distance to right border: 11 bars or 0%.
Bar spacing: 9, distance to right border: 25 bars or 0%.
This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts .NET 9.0 Release

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 04 Sep 2014

Can I place plots (`IPlotObject`) programmatically behind the price bars in MC .NET?

I thought using plot number (from the `PlotAttributes` constructor), but I can't use that in the indicator because I've already used another overloaded constructor (that allows setting the plot style).

In the Status Line, we can turn 'Study Values' on or off. But can this also be set for an indicator individually?

For example, I have one indicator who plots multiple lines and I do not want to see all those values cluttering the Status Line. But the values for other indicators on the chart I do want to be shown.

Would it be possible to have Boolean inputs also use a pulldown menu (like enum inputs already have)? That is easier to work with and makes it more intuitive. Now an user needs to type in a case-sensitive string, which is then converted to a bool.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Sep 2014

Can I place plots (`IPlotObject`) programmatically behind the price bars in MC .NET? I thought using plot number (from the `PlotAttributes` constructor), but I can't use that in the indicator because I've already used another overloaded constructor (that allows setting the plot style).
There is no way to do that.
In the Status Line, we can turn 'Study Values' on or off. But can this also be set for an indicator individually? For example, I have one indicator who plots multiple lines and I do not want to see all those values cluttering the Status Line. But the values for other indicators on the chart I do want to be shown.
Status line switch/settings are global for all data series/studies of a given chart.
Would it be possible to have Boolean inputs also use a pulldown menu (like enum inputs already have)? That is easier to work with and makes it more intuitive. Now an user needs to type in a case-sensitive string, which is then converted to a bool.
You can do that yourself in the code using enum's.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 06 Sep 2014

There is no way to do that.
Can that perhaps be added in one of the future versions?
Status line switch/settings are global for all data series/studies of a given chart.
Can that perhaps be added in one of the future versions?
You can do that yourself in the code using enum's.
I know, I already referred to that. I suggested it for usability and reducing the learning curve for new customers.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Sep 2014

Can I place plots (`IPlotObject`) programmatically behind the price bars in MC .NET? I thought using plot number (from the `PlotAttributes` constructor), but I can't use that in the indicator because I've already used another overloaded constructor (that allows setting the plot style).
In the Status Line, we can turn 'Study Values' on or off. But can this also be set for an indicator individually? For example, I have one indicator who plots multiple lines and I do not want to see all those values cluttering the Status Line. But the values for other indicators on the chart I do want to be shown.
We would like to see the users' demand for this functionality. Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
We will add it to our to-do list for the next major platform update (MC 9.1).

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 12 Sep 2014

We would like to see the users' demand for this functionality. Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
MC-1738 - Set the visual order of a plot programmatically
MC-1739 - Allow for setting the 'Study Values' from a specific indicator on/off
We will add it to our to-do list for the next major platform update (MC 9.1).
Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”