AMP Futures Rithmic 01 connection.

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MultichartsTrader

AMP Futures Rithmic 01 connection.

Postby MultichartsTrader » 12 Jan 2014

Hello I have just registered for an Amp Futures Rithmic demo account.

I have used Rithmic in the past and I would prefer to use them again. I am also new to Multicharts and have downloaded the Multicharts.NET starter edition to start.

The details upon registration were scarce but I am assuming that the logon details I've been provided with are to work with the Rithmic 01 broker profile. The only problem is this does not seem to work when I try to connect. I know the logon details are valid because I managed to connect via Rithmic's Rithmic Trader Pro platform successfully.

When I try to connect to Rithmic in Multicharts, I am getting permission denied in the logs so I don't believe this to be an issue of setting up the broker profile incorrectly. I am wondering if this is because Multicharts Rithmic API is not set up to handle demo accounts? I am concerned that Multicharts may not actually support the Amp Futures version of Rithmic at all because it was recently released and I'd like some clarification from Multicharts before I fund a live account with Amp for the purpose of using Multicharts.

Thanks for the help.

JoshM

Re: AMP Futures Rithmic 01 connection.

Postby JoshM » 13 Jan 2014

(...) I am concerned that Multicharts may not actually support the Amp Futures version of Rithmic at all because it was recently released and I'd like some clarification from Multicharts before I fund a live account with Amp for the purpose of using Multicharts.
In the past I (tried to) test a Rithmic demo on MultiCharts, but the demo account given by the broker would not connect since it was suitable only for NT. Have you checked with AMP if you got a normal demo account or a demo account for NT?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Jan 2014

When I try to connect to Rithmic in Multicharts, I am getting permission denied in the logs so I don't believe this to be an issue of setting up the broker profile incorrectly.
Hello MultichartsTrader,

"Permission denied' means your connection is configured incorrectly or your account is not configured for MultiCharts on the broker end.
Please make sure you are running the latest version of MC NET SE (8.8 Release), you are using Rithmic 01 broker profile, and your broker has configured your account for MultiCharts application.

shanemcdonald

Postby shanemcdonald » 13 Jan 2014

I run rithmic with Multicharts at AMP.
As Henry said, Multicharts has to be set up at AMP for rithmic on your account.
It took AMP several days to set up Multicharts with rithmic for me on my regular account. They are backlogged with customers connecting rithmic.

It is running smoothly now with no problems.

Since it is new at AMP, I do not believe they are set up for the rithmic demo yet. That could be the problem.

I clicked on the rithmic demo and they have not sent anything yet, it has been a few days

go to AMP live chat and see what they say.

shane

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”