difference between IOrderPriced and IOrderStopLimit ?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Smarty

difference between IOrderPriced and IOrderStopLimit ?

Postby Smarty » 02 Mar 2014

I apologize for the trivial question, but the manual does not clearly explain the difference in depth between the two types of orders: IOrderPriced (limit and Stop) and IOrderStopLimit

by definitions:

(1) IOrderPriced OrderCreator.Limit (Stop); - creates a price Limit (Stop) order that should be sent at the Open of the next bar, the one after the bar where the order was generated. A Limit (Stop) order can be filled at the price set, or better (worse), in Send() when generating the order where buy equals order price and lower and sell equals order price and higher.

(2) IOrderStopLimit OrderCreator.StopLimit: creates algorithmic (what intend this?) Limit order with a Stop condition that should be sent at the Open of the next bar, the one after the bar where the order was generated

I know that there is a difference but I can not grasp it...

Thansk for all.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: difference between IOrderPriced and IOrderStopLimit ?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Mar 2014

Hello Smarty,

Stop Limit Order combines the features of stop order with those of a limit order. A stop-limit order will buy or sell a set number of shares at a specified price (or better) after a given stop price has been reached. Once the stop price is reached, the stop-limit order becomes a limit order to buy (or sell) at the limit price or better-that is what "algorithmic" means in the description.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”