How to include commission in automation

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
beck donald

How to include commission in automation

Postby beck donald » 05 Mar 2014

Hi Henry,

I have read all I could on this, but could not see any completed threads with answers.

In automated trading, the commission entered into properties does not impact the profit target p/l.

So if that p/l target is $50.00 with a $10 r/t cost, after 1 position I make $40, after 2 $30 and so on until the trade is at a loss.

I have tried to use the various keywords or functions in the formula without much success. I do not get a consistent output. Seems that some of the keywords have zero effect.

Any help appreciated.
Don

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How to include commission in automation

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Mar 2014

Hello Don,

Please send me (support@multicharts.com) the following information for further investigation:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Send me the Qmd export file for analysis;
- in PowerLanguage .NET editor->File->Export->export the study you are using in the workspaces you are providing. Send me the study export file;
- please attach a detailed problem description and highlight the problem on the screenshots.

If the file size is >10 mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”