Esignal questions

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Esignal questions

Postby MidKnight » 07 Mar 2014

I have some general esignal queries that I couldn't find information on.
- is the timestamp accuracy from esignal still only down to 1 second?
- esignal have a datamanager only option that they sell via a charting vendor. Do you have such an agreement?

Fabrice

Re: Esignal questions

Postby Fabrice » 07 Mar 2014

Hello MidKnight,

I do not have answers to your questions about eSignal. But I just want to warn you that eSignal can be quickly expensive, depending on the money you can make each month. But you have to think about another thing : will the cost of eSignal allow you to make better trades and more money ? It depends on your style of trading. For me, using the workaround indicated by Henry still does not give perfect chart, but nonetheless it had allowed me to trade almost ok, at least for the last 3 past weeks. Would I make more money using eSignal ? Probably not now because all in all, at the end of the day, I have the feeling that the quality of my trades can be much more enhanced than the quality of the chart. But again, this is really depending on your style of trading.

Best regards.

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 07 Mar 2014

Thanks for the message Fabrice. I've been trading full-time for coming up 10 years now and one thing true for me, is one needs to keep exploring because what you do today may not work in the future. Of course we will never know if an exploration will make more money than before. Asking that type of question is limiting and self-defeating. I'm aware of the esignal costs and have used them several times over the past decade with neoticker and IRT platforms.

With kind regards,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Mar 2014

- is the timestamp accuracy from esignal still only down to 1 second?
Hello MidKnight,

eSignal provides tick data, as far as we know it is not aggregated.
- esignal have a datamanager only option that they sell via a charting vendor. Do you have such an agreement?
There is no agreement. eSigal provides data to third party applications using eSignal Data Manager. This is how their API works.

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 10 Mar 2014

Hi Henry,

I'm aware they provide tick data but I want to know how fine a granularity their timestamp is. Years ago it was only as low as 1 second - is this still the case? Just because they offer tick data doesn't mean they have fine granularity in their timestamps.

eSignal referred my questions about the data manager access to my chosen third party charting vendor - that is you guys. They will not sell data manager access to me directly. They said it has to be done through your chosen third party charting vendor.

If I wanted to get esignal data as a new esignal user - how would I go about doing that and charting it in MC.net?

With kind regards,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Mar 2014

I'm aware they provide tick data but I want to know how fine a granularity their timestamp is. Years ago it was only as low as 1 second - is this still the case? Just because they offer tick data doesn't mean they have fine granularity in their timestamps.
Data precision is 1 second. eSignal does not provide millisecond bar timestamps.
eSignal referred my questions about the data manager access to my chosen third party charting vendor - that is you guys. They will not sell data manager access to me directly. They said it has to be done through your chosen third party charting vendor.

If I wanted to get esignal data as a new esignal user - how would I go about doing that and charting it in MC.net?
This information is incorrect. We do not sell any data subscriptions. All data accounts are created directly with the respective data providers.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”