study specific for scanner

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
gvandenbosch

study specific for scanner

Postby gvandenbosch » 15 Mar 2014

Hi,

Currently I have made several studies and plot them on the instrument window.
I can use those study in the scanner, then the plotted value shows in the scanner.

Is there a way to optimize it for the scanner to just set the value for a column without plotting.
Or is the plotting function just a mask function to put the value in the scanner, so it isn't actually plotting, just updating the value all the time?

To shorten the question, what is best way to display data from a study in the scanner?

Cheers,
Gerard

Fabrice

Re: study specific for scanner

Postby Fabrice » 15 Mar 2014

Unless the implementation of the scanner has changed recently, you can think about the scanner as just a chart that displays the last value of the study, with the limitation that each line can only includes 1 datastream (and so just 1 timeframe). And as it is difficult to share data between studies, it is also difficult to share data between a study and the scanner (which might be the same as sharing a study between 2 different charts). Good luck, to do it the 1st time, and then to maintain… If you are still tempted to knock your head on it and waste a lot of time, see the .Net FAQ for sharing data between studies.

Regards.

Update [16/03/2014]
I had forgotten that MC.Net is able to load data from the code, thanks to the IDataLoader interface. So by using this interface, you can still use the scanner with indicators working with multiple timeframes (and instrument if you wish). I have never used it though.
Last edited by Fabrice on 16 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.

gvandenbosch

Postby gvandenbosch » 15 Mar 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I maybe wrote it a bit weird, I just wanted to optimize my studies for scanner, I have no need to share data between them.

Your answer is very clear on what I was looking for, thanks.

Cheers,
Gerard

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 16 Mar 2014

Is there a way to optimize it for the scanner to just set the value for a column without plotting.
If you want to set a value for the column for the scanner, but without plotting, you can also use the `IPlotObjectStr` plot object, which generates a string that normally would be displayed in the Status Line of the chart. Then you can display the recent value, without plotting.

gvandenbosch

Postby gvandenbosch » 16 Mar 2014

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”