Editing of indicator source does not update chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
novaleaf

Editing of indicator source does not update chart

Postby novaleaf » 22 Apr 2014

Hello I'm following the tutorial found in the multicharts.net programming guide (section 3).

However the added "TrendPower" indicator does not automatically update itself in the chart.

I can edit the .cs file and then a few seconds later I see the chart refresh itself, but the changes were not applied. This same symptoms occur if I choose "compile" from the PowerLanguage.NET editor.

To see changes, I need to remove the indicator and manually re-add it.

I tested by switching both color (Cyan <--> Red) and EPlotShapes (Line <--> Histogram)

I am using multicharts.net.se.8.8.x64

The Instrument the indicator is being added to is an ASCII datasource (Stock symbol SPY, minute data)

novaleaf

Re: Editing of indicator source does not update chart

Postby novaleaf » 22 Apr 2014

after more experimenting, I see that inputs and plot configurations (like Histogram / Line) are not updated after editing, though the code/algorithm is.

Is this a bug in Multicharts.net? or is there a workaround so I can force my indicator to completely refresh/reload from source?

Currently my mitigation is to remove the indicator from the chart and re-add it.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Editing of indicator source does not update chart  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Apr 2014

inputs and plot configurations (like Histogram / Line) are not updated after editing, though the code/algorithm is.
Hello novaleaf,

That is correct and expected behavior.

The default plot and input values are read from the code only once when the study is applied to the chart. The chart remembers these values and uses them even if the study is recompiled, status switched on/off. In order to apply the new default study values such as inputs and plot shapes you need to remove the study from the chart and apply it again. There is no other solution.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”