Where are custom session templates/times stored?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
mt99

Where are custom session templates/times stored?

Postby mt99 » 07 Jun 2014

Hi,

Can you tell me where the MultiCharts .NET64 QuoteManager stores the custom session templates and times or if there is a way to export then from an existing setup and import them into a new one (e.g. onto a new PC)? Would exporting an instrument with session times defined by a custom session template also export the custom session template that it is using?

Recreating session templates by hand on the new setup would be error-prone and (at least in my case, as I have quite a few) extremely tedious. If there is a database file or something similar that I can copy from the old installation to get all the existing settings onto the new PC, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks.

JoshM

Re: Where are custom session templates/times stored?  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 07 Jun 2014

Can you tell me where the MultiCharts .NET64 QuoteManager stores the custom session templates and times
"Session Templates are stored in FBPortfolio.gdb file which is a part of the data bases." (Source).

You can find the databases (and that file) in the

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts .NET64\Databases
or

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts .NET\Databases
folder (depending on your version).
or if there is a way to export then from an existing setup and import them into a new one (e.g. onto a new PC)?
Yes, see How to Backup User Data (to summarise: copy the database files to their new location).
Would exporting an instrument with session times defined by a custom session template also export the custom session template that it is using?
"Session templates (that are used by the instruments) are exported when you export the instruments into QMD format." (Source).

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”