Order Rejected HSI Futures with IB

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Order Rejected HSI Futures with IB

Postby MidKnight » 15 Jun 2014

Hi there,

I've had this working before but now get 2 issues when trying to trade the HSI Futures with IB.

1) Trading from the chart just gives an order rejected voice sound.

2) The DOM won't load for HSIM14 as it is constantly trying to request a full price ladder but I am only subscribed to inside bid/ask data. I do not need a full book to get a benefit from the DOM and should not require full book data to use a DOM. Every other DOM I have ever used does not impose this on the user. The error message when opening the DOM from the MC.net logs is:
TWS error message: Id= 5; code= 354; description= Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&HKFE/FUT/Deep

Alex MultiCharts

Re: Order Rejected HSI Futures with IB

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 17 Jun 2014

Hello MidKnight,

Please contact your broker and make sure that your subscription to this symbol is still active. We have tested it on our end and either DOM window, or chart using HSIM14 are working fine.

In case the issue persists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 3 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 17 Jun 2014

Hi Alex,

Of course I am subscribed to the data.....otherwise I couldn't be charting it. To reiterate, I am only subscribed to level I data and see no reason for the log in the quotemanager to be requesting deep book (level II) data. Have you tested it with level I subscription only? Have you tested it on HSI Futures? Lately, I have been getting many issues with HSI futures related to data and now order placement.

Coming into your live chat will probably be of little use as the futures will be shut at that time so we won't be able to test/confirm anything.

Fabrice

Postby Fabrice » 18 Jun 2014

Hello,

I have already asked in Nov 2012 that the DOM should request level 2 only as an option. Messages on the forum, request feature in the PM... After more than 18 months, nothing has changed...

http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... =1&t=11387

F.
Last edited by Fabrice on 18 Jun 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 18 Jun 2014

Hello MidKnight,

As I have mentioned, we tried to reproduce the issue on our end but it is not reproduced. And you should see at least 1 Ask, 1 Bid and 1 Trade, that is how it worked even out of Trading Hours.
So, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 10 AM EST to demonstrate the issue to our engineers: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 18 Jun 2014

How can I demonstrate it to your engineers when the market is closed during those hours?

Instead, is there logging I can enable in MC.net and TWS that demonstrates the issue?

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 19 Jun 2014

Even if the market is closed, MultiCharts will be sending requests to the broker through the API and should receive the reply with the latest data available for the DOM window.
These requests should be seen in the Log files and our engineers will get some information from them to initiate this issue investigation.

Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 10 AM EST to demonstrate the issue to our engineers.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”