Version 9 build 9913 and IB data

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Version 9 build 9913 and IB data

Postby MidKnight » 23 Sep 2014

Hi there,

First time checking my IB data in real-time since moving up to the version 9 stuff. The price is usually out of sync by a large margin with both my order entry tool and with TWS. This is nothing to do with fast market conditions, I was noticing this in the doldrums of midday where the majority of ticks appear to not be showing up on the chart.

Has something changed? I did not have this issue with version 8.x

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Version 9 build 9913 and IB data

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Sep 2014

Hello MidKnight,

Please specify the instrument and the version of TWS you are using (TWS Help tab->About).
Compare the MultiCharts chart status line values with the values in the TWS main grid for this instrument. If the values are not matching - please attach a screenshot demonstrating the difference.
Have you reported this behavior to IB?

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 25 Sep 2014

The instruments I have been watching this on are Hang Seng Futures and H-Shares Futures.

No I have not notified IB about it because it is an MC issue. It was fine in version 8 and has been a problem in version 9, both using the same version of TWS - Build 944.3c, Apr 29, 2014 5:52:27 PM

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Sep 2014

Is there an anti-virus application running on your PC? Have you tried completely disabling it?
What is the CPU load when this behavior appears? Are any MultiCharts processes consuming extensive CPU time or RAM?
What is the scenario of using MultiCharts (do you perform manual trading, auto trading, playback, backtesting, optimization) when this behavior appears?
Please send me the requested screenshot and the workspaces + studies you are using for replicating it.

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 26 Sep 2014

No antivirus.

CPU and RAM appears normal.

Scenario is real-time charting only. I'm forced to use buttontrader for order entry due to previously reported and unnecessary limitations you place on the MC DOM.

I can send you a screenshot on Monday, but I don't know what you expect to see from it. The prices are out of sync and lagging the quotes. It looks like quotes are being completely ignored, but I do not know what is actually happening.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”