Feature requests  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Japhro

Feature requests

Postby Japhro » 15 Oct 2014

I'm sure this isn't in the correct place but could not find where to post 2 feature requests for MC.Net version

The first request is to have the ability to have in chart trading the Place Order and Exit Strategy icons open all the time, instead of as drop downs. Currently, these are both drop down menus and if I drop the Place Order menu down, it overlaps the Exit strategy icons, and they do not stay dropped down. There is plenty of space below the icons to have both open all the time if one wanted. If one is trading quickly then one has to drop down the menu to place an order then close it then drop down the exit strategy menu then select one then click again to close it. Seems slow to me.

The second request is to have the possibility to set alerts by price alone, and not by indicator setting. Preferably a Price Alert drag/drop icon as with the exit strategies would suffice. I think every other trading platform I have seen has price alerts, but I cannot find them in MC.

Many thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Feature requests

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Oct 2014

The first request is to have the ability to have in chart trading the Place Order and Exit Strategy icons open all the time, instead of as drop downs. Currently, these are both drop down menus and if I drop the Place Order menu down, it overlaps the Exit strategy icons, and they do not stay dropped down. There is plenty of space below the icons to have both open all the time if one wanted. If one is trading quickly then one has to drop down the menu to place an order then close it then drop down the exit strategy menu then select one then click again to close it. Seems slow to me.
Hello Japhro,

This is something we are considering to improve. At the moment this improvement is not targeted to any particular version.
The second request is to have the possibility to set alerts by price alone, and not by indicator setting. Preferably a Price Alert drag/drop icon as with the exit strategies would suffice. I think every other trading platform I have seen has price alerts, but I cannot find them in MC.
That is possible to use drawing tools for having alerts generated.

Japhro

Re: Feature requests

Postby Japhro » 16 Oct 2014

Hello Henry,
Thanks for the reply. As far as creating an alert by using the drawing tool, I suppose you mean by using the horizontal line tool, then adding a price alert to this afterwards? Having a prebuilt price alert tool might be more helpful for traders.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Feature requests  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2014

Hello Henry,
Thanks for the reply. As far as creating an alert by using the drawing tool, I suppose you mean by using the horizontal line tool, then adding a price alert to this afterwards? Having a prebuilt price alert tool might be more helpful for traders.

Thanks
That is possible to enable the alert in Format->Drawing->Horizontal line->Format->Alerts->"Enable alerts".

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”