Oanda limit error

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Zoli

Oanda limit error

Postby Zoli » 18 Nov 2014

Hello,

Congratulations for adding one of the oldest retail fx brokers, Oanda.
I am testing it and found a little problem with one of the symbols, market order is working though.

Instrument: Australia 200; Order: Sell Limit 1; Status: Rejected; Reason: Invalid Limit order parameters: Sell 1 Australia 200 @ 5511.290000 for account ******

Found another problem, opened a trade and cannot close it. Funny thing is, it let me open it.

Instrument: UK 10Y Gilt; Order: Sell Market 2; Status: Rejected; Reason: Invalid Market order parameters: Sell 2 UK 10Y Gilt @ 0.000000 for account *******

Zoli

Re: Oanda limit error

Actually the above ones are two different problems.
The first one I have no explanation for because I was able to close it with market order.

The second one is because the market is either halted or closed. This is the message I get from Oanda's platform. Perhaps an error description such as market closed would not be a bad thing in MC.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Nov 2014

Hello Zoli,

Did you place these orders using MultiCharts?
Did you add the instruments manually?
Only Forex instruments are supported and should appear in the symbol lookup for Oanda.

Zoli

Hi Henry,

Yes I have placed all orders and trades using MC.
None of the symbols were added manually and all of them are categorized by default as FOREX.
Attachments
qm.png
(164.7 KiB) Downloaded 849 times

Zoli

Postby Zoli » 19 Nov 2014

ATTENTION!

If one places the Take Profit and Stop Loss from the Oanda's platform, the orders will not appear in MC.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Nov 2014

Hi Henry, Yes I have placed all orders and trades using MC. None of the symbols were added manually and all of them are categorized by default as FOREX.
Please change the price scale for these instruments (Australia 200 / Germany 30) to 1/10.

After that is done please close all charts for these instruments, disconnect the broker profile, remove the symbol mapping for them and plot a new chart for Australia 200 / Germany 30. After that is done - you should be able to place orders.

The instruments will be added with the proper parameters in the next version of MultiCharts.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Nov 2014

ATTENTION!

If one places the Take Profit and Stop Loss from the Oanda's platform, the orders will not appear in MC.
That is expected behavior. Oanda connection supports only Market, Stop, and Limit order types.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”