Bracket Orders Not Executing...

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
datamonkey

Bracket Orders Not Executing...

Postby datamonkey » 12 Dec 2014

When my order gets filled on a trade I have bracket orders set to deploy automatically for set stop loss and take profit levels.

Most of the time these execute as intended, however recently there have been times, seemingly at random, where they have failed to work at all so I have to drag the bracket icon to the order for it to activate.

The setting 'Auto Attach As Exit Strategy' is always enabled and I make no changes to any settings etc so I'm not sure why most of the time the bracket orders work and occasionally they don't.

I use Rithmic trading NQ on MC.NET and this occurs on live trading (not sure about Sim trades).

Any ideas? Thanks...

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bracket Orders Not Executing...

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Dec 2014

Hello datamonkey,

Please go to File -> New -> Order and position tracker window- >Orders tab.
Can you see the bracket orders in the list?
What is the State of these orders?
If they are rejected - please check the reason at the Logs tab.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 15 Dec 2014

Hello datamonkey,

Please go to File -> New -> Order and position tracker window- >Orders tab.
Can you see the bracket orders in the list?
What is the State of these orders?
If they are rejected - please check the reason at the Logs tab.
Hi, yes the bracket orders are under the list in the 'Orders' tab, however that's because I dragged and dropped the bracket order icon onto my position in order activate it after it failed to automatically attach itself as it's supposed to do.

There are therefore no rejection logs in the 'Logs' tab.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Dec 2014

If you are able to replicate this behavior - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 2 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely. We will do our best to help you.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 15 Dec 2014

If you are able to replicate this behavior - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 2 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely. We will do our best to help you.
That would mean someone would have to watch me live trading in real time waiting for it to happen. Could be 5 minutes, could be 5 hours...

Would it be better for me to record my screen?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Dec 2014

If you can capture a video demonstration of the issue - that will be helpful.
Please also do the following when the issue is replicated:
- Go to Start->All programs->MultiCharts NET 64 ->LogsCollector.
The tool will collect the logs, create dump files, zip them and upload to our FTP.
Please let me know when you upload the dumps and I will forward it to our engineers for analysis.
If the file cannot be uploaded automatically please manually upload it to any file sharing hosting and send us the download link to support@multicharts.com.
- In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel. Highlight the entry order which had no bracket orders auto attached. Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send us for analysis.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 17 Dec 2014

If you can capture a video demonstration of the issue - that will be helpful.
Please also do the following when the issue is replicated:
- Go to Start->All programs->MultiCharts NET 64 ->LogsCollector.
The tool will collect the logs, create dump files, zip them and upload to our FTP.
Please let me know when you upload the dumps and I will forward it to our engineers for analysis.
If the file cannot be uploaded automatically please manually upload it to any file sharing hosting and send us the download link to support@multicharts.com.
- In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel. Highlight the entry order which had no bracket orders auto attached. Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send us for analysis.
Sure, I'll get that done. Might be in the new year now though as I'm winding down for Christmas...

Cheers :)

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”