PLEditor.NET restores any files that I delete  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
orad

PLEditor.NET restores any files that I delete

Postby orad » 21 Jan 2015

Hello,

I've put the Techniques\CS directory in my source control repository (I use Git) to track my changes. I had created a bunch of test files under Functions, Indicators and Signals folders which I deleted later. I noticed that every once in a while all those deleted files are restored and pollute my work directory.

I tried deleting the cache files (tech_storage.bin, tech_storage.backup.bin and CompAssms directory) but the next time I open PLEditor.NET again all those deleted files come back. Some of them may be listed in the PLEditor.NET navigation list and some may not, and most of the restored files are empty.

This seems to be a defect in the PLEditor.NET application that needs to be fixed, but for the moment is there a way I can get rid of all the files that I deleted without getting them back on next run?

Thanks!
Last edited by orad on 21 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

orad

Re: PLEditor.NET restores any files that I delete

Postby orad » 21 Jan 2015

Another problem: also when I create folders in PLEditor.NET (under Functions, Indicators or Signals) and move study files in them, the folder I created sometimes get lost and their files go back to the root folders.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Jan 2015

Hello orad,

You need to delete the study from the PLEditor.NET window in order to completely remove it.
Another problem: also when I create folders in PLEditor.NET (under Functions, Indicators or Signals) and move study files in them, the folder I created sometimes get lost and their files go back to the root folders.
We were unable to replicate the issue on our end. Please provide detailed instructions for replicating this behavior.

orad

Postby orad » 22 Jan 2015

For the second issue, on PLEditor.NET folders getting lost, it might be happening since I removed the StudyServer's cache files (tech_storage.bin, tech_storage.backup.bin and CompAssms directory) but I'm not 100% sure about it since custom folder structures should probably be stored in somewhere better than only cache files.

On first issue, I do delete from PLEditor.NET window. I only see this problem in PLEditor.NET 64-bit. I have noticed that 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the PLEditor.NET behave a little differently, for example you cannot move window tabs around in 64-bit version (See MC-1823). I even tried closing MultiCharts processes and even restarting the computer, and when I open PLEditor.NET again I see those empty files are back. Some of them are listed in the PLEditor.NET navigation and some of them are only dumped in the CS directory.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: PLEditor.NET restores any files that I delete  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jan 2015

For the second issue, on PLEditor.NET folders getting lost, it might be happening since I removed the StudyServer's cache files (tech_storage.bin, tech_storage.backup.bin and CompAssms directory) but I'm not 100% sure about it since custom folder structures should probably be stored in somewhere better than only cache files.
We do not recommend removing the cache files.
On first issue, I do delete from PLEditor.NET window. I only see this problem in PLEditor.NET 64-bit.I even tried closing MultiCharts processes and even restarting the computer, and when I open PLEditor.NET again I see those empty files are back. Some of them are listed in the PLEditor.NET navigation and some of them are only dumped in the CS directory.
Are you able to replicate this behavior when not using any source control applications?
I have noticed that 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the PLEditor.NET behave a little differently, for example you cannot move window tabs around in 64-bit version (See MC-1823).
We are currently analyzing this behavior.

orad

Postby orad » 26 Jan 2015

I think I found out what was the issue with deleted files coming back to PLEditor.NET. It was due to some weird configuration on my computer that I had shared the source folders of two MC.NET instances (32-bit and 64-bit) using symbolic links and that caused the problem. I removed that and it fixed the problem. So I confirm it was not a MultiCharts issue. Thanks again for your great software.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jan 2015

I have noticed that 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the PLEditor.NET behave a little differently, for example you cannot move window tabs around in 64-bit version (See MC-1823).
This issue will be resolved in MultiCharts .NET 9.0 Release 5.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”