Reload all instruments

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
AlphaCat

Reload all instruments

Postby AlphaCat » 16 Feb 2015

Is it possible to somehow reload all instruments in all charts with one click? This is useful for example when there was a network outage or the computer wakes up from hibernation. Or do i have to ctrl-r every single window? And how can i reload data in a scanner window?

Regards,
A.

JoshM

Re: Reload all instruments

Postby JoshM » 16 Feb 2015

Is it possible to somehow reload all instruments in all charts with one click? This is useful for example when there was a network outage or the computer wakes up from hibernation. Or do i have to ctrl-r every single window?
As far as I know, the 'reload all data' menu option reloads all data on all charts (see reloading charts). Alternatively, you could programmatically reload price charts with the `.rld glob` Command Line command. For an example of that, see Reloading price data with the MultiCharts .NET Command Line.
And how can i reload data in a scanner window?
That isn't possible yet. See Reload data in scanner - topic for more.
Last edited by JoshM on 17 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 17 Feb 2015

Thanks Josh. But it seems the reload all data wasnt added in the end for the scanner window.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45740#p102622

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Feb 2015

As far as I know, the 'reload all data' menu option reloads all data on all charts (see reloading charts).
"View tab-> Reload all data" reloads the entire data range of the current active chart window only.
And how can i reload data in a scanner window?
This functionality is available since MultiCharts 8.8 Beta 1. That is possible to reload all data using the Rescan Now button in the Pre-scanning part of the Scanner window
Source: Reload data in scanner - topic.
Please see my next reply in the same thread:
We apologize for the confusion. «Rescan Now» button in the Pre-scanning part of the Scanner window does not reload all data in the scanner window. It backfills the missing historical data between the last scan and the current moment.
At the moment there is no functionality for reloading all data in the scanner window. This is something we evaluate for adding in the future.
I have edited the post with the incorrect information to avoid any further confusion.
Alternatively, you could programmatically reload price charts with the `.rld glob` Command Line command. For an example of that, see Reloading price data with the MultiCharts .NET Command Line
That will work. The other solution is deleting data from the database, clearing cache/restarting all MC processes and plotting a chart/scanner/portfolio to load the data from the data provider anew.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 17 Feb 2015

This functionality is available since MultiCharts 8.8 Beta 1. That is possible to reload all data using the Rescan Now button in the Pre-scanning part of the Scanner window
Source: Reload data in scanner - topic.
Please see my next reply in the same thread:
We apologize for the confusion. «Rescan Now» button in the Pre-scanning part of the Scanner window does not reload all data in the scanner window. It backfills the missing historical data between the last scan and the current moment.
At the moment there is no functionality for reloading all data in the scanner window. This is something we evaluate for adding in the future.
I have edited the post with the incorrect information to avoid any further confusion.
I've also edited my post in this thread in case there are more people who, like me, only read half of the thread. :]

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”