Global crosshair mode

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Global crosshair mode

Postby MidKnight » 27 Apr 2015

When you use the global crosshair with 'show cross' menu selection, it will try to mirror the X and Y axis across all charts. A pretty handy feature. When you are in global crosshair mode and you click on a chart, all charts will attempt to jump to the X axis. A pretty handy feature - except it will try and do this across ALL WORKSPACES you have open - A pretty annoying feature. Is it possible to limit this ability to only apply to the current workspace?

This has been an annoyance for me since day one with MC.net. Every subsequent release I go through the release notes expecting this to be addressed but it never is. I finally have ended my patience with the current implementation - it needs to change. Your current implementation doesn't lend itself well to both studying/researching and trading real-time markets at the same time.

With kind regards,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Global crosshair mode

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Apr 2015

Hello MidKnight,

If you want to have this behavior changed - please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 29 Apr 2015

Hi Henry,

What I'm reporting is not a feature request, it is a usability defect and I report it to you as a service in hopes you want to improve your product. If you say the current implementation is the intended behavior, then I ask, who intended it this way? A programmer? A manager? This is not how any trader I know would intend the behavior to work. Your implementation with global crosshair mode clicking on a chart and moving all the charts in ALL WORKSPACES has on several occasions caused me to be very confused when I look at the charts in a different workspace some time later and see that real-time prices are not where they were when I last looked in this workspace.

You are making this product for traders and as such, you should have usability geared towards them. As a programmer in a past life, I know that usability can make or break a product and its always a wise decision to match the users expectations.

With some software vendors I would go through submitting a feature request but are you aware that you have items 'under review' from years ago? Some date back to before I was even a customer and that is coming up to 3 years ago. That does not really motivate your customers to use this facility as its obviously not used much (at all?) by MC staff. So I won't be submitting anything now or in the future to your unused project management facility.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Apr 2015

Hello MidKnight,

We would like to see the users' demand for such changes that is why I have asked you to post it in the Project Management system.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”