RAM Memory not released after optimization.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
whirl

RAM Memory not released after optimization.

Postby whirl » 28 Apr 2015

Does anyone have any problems with MC not giving back RAM after it's done optimizing? I have the latest MC .NET 9 build 10715. I have a Xeon processor and 40 gigs of ram. But it doesnt' matter whether I have 4 gigs or 40, it will just take whatever memory I have and doesn't release it.

I'm not sure if it's a code issue, or certain parts of MC that is causing it. But just wanted to ask the community if other people have experienced this as well?
The solution would be I have to close MC and restart after every optimization run. Hopefully others have found this issue and perhaps know how to prevent this from happening?

thank you

J

Henry MultiСharts

Re: RAM Memory not released after optimization.

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Apr 2015

Hello whirl,

Please send us (support@multicharts.com) the following information for analysis of this case:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on the selection->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Attach the QMD export file for analysis;
- in PowerLanguage .NET editor->File->Export->export the studies you are using for replicating this behavior; Attach the pln file;
- specify the version and build number of MultiCharts you are running (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About);
- instructions for replicating this behavior;
- screenshot of your system specs (Control Panel\System\General or right click on the Computer icon and select properties).

If the file size is >10 mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send us the download link.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: RAM Memory not released after optimization.  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Apr 2015

This issue has been confirmed. The fix is targeted to MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Beta1.
There is no ETA for the version yet. Please follow our blog to get the latest updates:
https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/

whirl

Re: RAM Memory not released after optimization.

Postby whirl » 30 Apr 2015

Thank you for the confirmation. Will wait for the release.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”