Server-side OCO orders through Rithmic?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
datamonkey

Server-side OCO orders through Rithmic?

Postby datamonkey » 14 May 2015

As Rithmic support server-side OCO orders when using the R|Trader platform, does anybody know if there are any plans to support server-side OCO orders for Rithmic on Multicharts?

Seeing as Rithmic has the capability, it would be very useful to traders holding over-night orders if these capabilities were added to MC...

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Server-side OCO orders through Rithmic?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 May 2015

Hello datamonkey,

OCO orders are emulated on application end for Rithmic in MultiCharts and MultiCharts.Net.
Server side OCO orders are supported by Rithmic+ API which is implemented only in MultiCharts.Net Special Edition.

datamonkey

Hello datamonkey,

OCO orders are emulated on application end for Rithmic in MultiCharts and MultiCharts.Net.
Server side OCO orders are supported by Rithmic+ API which is implemented only in MultiCharts.Net Special Edition.
Thanks Henry.

What is "MultiCharts.Net Special Edition"? I have a .NET lifetime licence and don't remember seeing any different "versions" when I purchased. Do not all .NET versions have the Rithmic+ API functionality and if not, why?

Henry MultiСharts

Thanks Henry.

What is "MultiCharts.Net Special Edition"? I have a .NET lifetime licence and don't remember seeing any different "versions" when I purchased. Do not all .NET versions have the Rithmic+ API functionality and if not, why?
MultiCharts .NET Special Edition is a white label of MultiCharts .NET for AMP clearing broker. It has been released earlier this year. This version supports Rithmic+, CQG Web API and AMP TT NET. These connections are available only in the broker version of our platform. For more information please see this page.

datamonkey

Thanks Henry.

MultiCharts .NET Special Edition is a white label of MultiCharts .NET for AMP clearing broker. It has been released earlier this year. This version supports Rithmic+, CQG Web API and AMP TT NET. These connections are available only in the broker version of our platform. For more information please see this page.
That's great if you don't mind using AMP but what if we want the feature and also want to use a different broker?

We have to make do without or will this change in a future update? Wouldn't it be better if your loyal lifetime customers were rewarded from our payment to you rather than getting into bed with a dodgy broker like AMP for some quick commissions? It's customers that should be kept sweet, not business partners.

[Yes I've had bad experiences with AMP and won't go back]

Henry MultiСharts

That's great if you don't mind using AMP but what if we want the feature and also want to use a different broker?

We have to make do without or will this change in a future update? Wouldn't it be better if your loyal lifetime customers were rewarded from our payment to you rather than getting into bed with a dodgy broker like AMP for some quick commissions? It's customers that should be kept sweet, not business partners.

datamonkey, at the moment there are no other brokers that support this API.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 15 May 2015

datamonkey, at the moment there are no other brokers that support this API.
Well it's your prerogative at the end of the day. It's a shame about the fragmentation of your services though.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”