TIF & Execution Errors

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Jdog

TIF & Execution Errors

Postby Jdog » 07 Jul 2015

Running MC.Net 64 9.0 (Build 11212) coupled to OpenECry account.

I am having problems with occasional orders being rejected due to "no instrument-specific reference data for symbol ... had been received." The Orders tab reflect the TIF as unspecified (see. attached image).

I am also getting an occasional error for "Another command is in execution #.....". This error appears uncorrelated to the other error though I cannot be positive.

Any ideas why these errors are happening or what I need to check?
Attachments
Errors.png
TIF and Execution Errors
(24.69 KiB) Downloaded 1117 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: TIF & Execution Errors

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Jul 2015

I am having problems with occasional orders being rejected due to "no instrument-specific reference data for symbol ... had been received."
Hello Jdog,

In order to analyze this case please send the following information to support@multicharts.com:
1) MultiCharts logs (if you have not restarted the platform. Logs from the previous run are erased when you start MC).
In MultiCharts go to Help->Feedback->Send logs. Please let me know that you have uploaded the logs.
If you want to send the logs manually please follow this guide: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs
2) In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel.
Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send it to me for analysis.
I am also getting an occasional error for "Another command is in execution #.....". This error appears uncorrelated to the other error though I cannot be positive.
This error will be rectified in MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Beta 1.

Jdog

Postby Jdog » 08 Jul 2015

Thank you, Henry. The logs are being uploaded at this moment.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Jul 2015

Hello Jdog,

We have studied the logs from your PC. The order was rejected because the symbol information required for auto trading was not received from the API after connection was restored (there was connection loss before the order was generated). We will try to replicate this behavior on our end and see if there is anything we can improve to avoid the issue from happening in the future.

Jdog

Postby Jdog » 09 Jul 2015

Yes, my logs are full of "No connection to Open E Cry trading system", "Connecting to Open E Cry trading system", and "Connection to Open E Cry has been established."

The odd thing is that I use an internet connectivity monitor that pings google and OEC every 2 seconds and I've never once lost internet service while these event logs are being generated.

I have also updated OEC's api plug-ins.

I have also disabled my anti-virus and firewall, both on PC and in the Cisco router--to no avail.

Is this an issue better addressed to OEC?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Jul 2015

Jdog,

Please ask your broker if they can trace the disconnects on their end or if they can enable API connectivity logging on your PC for further analysis.

Jdog

Postby Jdog » 22 Jul 2015

Jdog,

Please ask your broker if they can trace the disconnects on their end or if they can enable API connectivity logging on your PC for further analysis.

Henry, per your suggestion I contacted the broker whose reply is included below:

I can see the multiple disconnections from our side as well with reason "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". We are not initiating the disconnect from our end. It appears to be internet related. Please ensure that TCP ports 9200 and 9201 are open and do not have any disruption from routers, firewalls, malware programs, anti-virus etc.

There is an Open Source program called WireShark to analyze network traffic. If you are a technical person, you could use this tool to assist with determining issue.

I have just opened the ports in the router and firewall and will see what happens this evening and tomorrow. Stay tuned...and thanks!

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”