Reference .dll  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
ManuelVene

Reference .dll

Postby ManuelVene » 16 Jul 2015

Hello Everyone!

I need to use an external DLL. It is made for C#, so it should be quite easy to include it, but I can't find how to reference it inside a project. If I lunch Visual Studio from the PL.NET editor, it is straight forward to reference it, but when building the project an error occurs (not in Visual Sudio but in PL.NET editor) because the PowerLanguage.NET editor doesn't know where to go to get it and says (translated):

"Impossible to find type or name inside namespace 'Encog'; probably a directive using or reference to an assembly is missing "NeuralNetwork_CorrelationForecasting" [Strategy] Ln 7"

Now, I've included the "using" directive, thus the compiler must not find the reference. Building the same project in Visual Studio goes easy because reference is explicited from "Project -> Add Reference" menu and it knows where to find the stuff, but it seems like a project must be compiled by the PL.NET editor that hasn't got the reference, even if working in Visual Studio.

Then: how do I tell to PL.NET editor where to reference external .dll??? Is there a folder where to put it??

Thanks guys!!

ManuelVene

Re: Reference .dll  [SOLVED]

Postby ManuelVene » 16 Jul 2015

I've been looking for 2 hours for an answer, and I discovered it 2 minutes after posting the question on the forum...
Looking for hidden folders and exotic code patterns, when right click on editor space was just cool enough to work :(

Smarty

Re: Reference .dll

Postby Smarty » 08 Aug 2015

Dear ManuelVene, very interesting this topic ....

Can you explain "step-by-step" how recall a generic "external .dll" in MC.NET source code ?

Thanks for all.
Sabino.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Reference .dll

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Aug 2015

Hello Sabino,

Please see post #2 in MultiCharts .NET FAQ.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”