Keyboard shortcuts

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
jojo

Keyboard shortcuts

Postby jojo » 22 Jul 2015

Hello
one question please: Is it possible to program a keystroke , which allows you to control a stop?
With up / down arrows for example ?

kind regs
Jojo

JoshM

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Postby JoshM » 22 Jul 2015

one question please: Is it possible to program a keystroke , which allows you to control a stop?
With up / down arrows for example ?
There's a category of keyboard shortcuts called 'Trading.Custom' for orders. I'm not sure if they can control a stop like you what, but it's worth checking if they can. Here are some pictures of that feature.

jojo

Postby jojo » 22 Jul 2015

thx saw this already - but's that's all standard keynotes .My aim is a little more specific.
I just want to move a stop when in a trade - as fast as possible.You can not do this with a mouse . I think a solution must be on the programmer's side.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 22 Jul 2015

thx saw this already - but's that's all standard keynotes .My aim is a little more specific.
I just want to move a stop when in a trade - as fast as possible.You can not do this with a mouse . I think a solution must be on the programmer's side.
Can you specify what your specific aim is? You can use mouse clicks and keyboard keys if your stop is managed by a trading strategy (which also allows you to click where you want the stop to be placed), but do you use a trading strategy or only trade through the Chart Trader panel?

jojo

Postby jojo » 26 Jul 2015

The guys from keyboardtrader.com developed similar for XTrader with their API , I think.
So I thought sth. like this must be possible for MC ,too. But after speaking to one of the developers I'm little frustrated as he does not think this is possible.
Well then - just an idea

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”