MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 BETA 1

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 BETA 1

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jul 2015

This version introduces a number of long-awaited features implemented in response to numerous user feature requests.

Local broker simulation, Forex board, Volume Profile in DOM window, multibroker trading performance summary and the ability to export only selected Trading Performance Report segments are only just a few highlights of the new features and improvements list. Currency conversion algorithm has been improved and Realized PnL is now available for the majority of supported brokers. We also added the possibility to set trailing stop, profit target and other special orders parameters in ticks for auto trading.

Learn more here

Download MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Beta 1

AlphaCat

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 BETA 1

Postby AlphaCat » 29 Jul 2015

Hi,

i cant find FXCM as datasource in Quotemanager. It doesnt seem to be there. How can i get charts from fxcm? I can connect it as broker from within MC tho.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jul 2015

Hi,

i cant find FXCM as datasource in Quotemanager. It doesnt seem to be there. How can i get charts from fxcm? I can connect it as broker from within MC tho.
Please see the MCFX connection instructions for details.

AlphaCat

Postby AlphaCat » 29 Jul 2015

Hi,

Please see the MCFX connection instructions for details.

So FXCM charts are only available through a additional subscription for MCFX? Because the broker would provide historical data free of charge. Not sure why there is a monthly $100 fee for this..

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Jul 2015

So FXCM charts are only available through a additional subscription for MCFX? Because the broker would provide historical data free of charge. Not sure why there is a monthly $100 fee for this..
That is correct. This is per agreement with FXCM.

arnie

Postby arnie » 31 Jul 2015

I haven't seen it discussed here yet but for those who use or would like to use Jigsaw tools, they are now available for the .NET platform.
It's still in beta version but the studies can be downloaded at the Jigsaw forum.

To be able to use the studies one needs to be, obviously, a Jigsaw client or subscribe it for a 15 day trial.

momentum

Postby momentum » 01 Aug 2015

The beta upgraded previous release installed into D: drive. All the Power Language Editor shortcuts look for the program in the C: drive. Even just clicking on a study to import brings up the error that shows that it is looking for the Power Language Editor in the C; drive.
Attachments
PLE Error.jpg
(35.47 KiB) Downloaded 2043 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 01 Aug 2015

The beta upgraded previous release installed into D: drive. All the Power Language Editor shortcuts look for the program in the C: drive. Even just clicking on a study to import brings up the error that shows that it is looking for the Power Language Editor in the C; drive.
Hm, can you launch the main MultiCharts .NET program or does that also give an error? If you can launch it, you can change the location of where MultiCharts expect to find those files to see if that fixed the error.

See moving files and folders to a different hard drive.

arnie

Postby arnie » 01 Aug 2015

I have the same problem.
Run it as an administrator. In that way you'll not receive that error.

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 03 Aug 2015

Position history is not available in the new beta, and also order history is not available. I find the Beta very resource heavy, using almost 2x the RAM requirements and quite a bit slower than the previous release. I will be changing back today and wait for the bugs to get sorted out 1st

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Aug 2015

Position history is not available in the new beta, and also order history is not available.
Hello Japhro,

Position History is available in MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Beta 1. Please make sure you have the "From-To" filters configured correctly.
There is a known issue with Position History tab filter though, the "To" filter is working in GMT timezone, instead of your local timezone. We will have that fixed in the next beta.
I find the Beta very resource heavy, using almost 2x the RAM requirements and quite a bit slower than the previous release.
Please describe your usage pattern and exact actions that are performed slower than in MC 9.0 Release. Please also send us the workspaces, instruments and studies you are using to support@multicharts.com

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 03 Aug 2015

There is definitely a bug on the positions history area, the dates get screwed up and if you select the From date it automatically selects the same date for you on the To date area, amongst the other glitch you mentioned.

It takes forever (3-5 minutes at least) to login and retrieve data from Rithmic, whereas it used to take 30 seconds or so. Same workspaces and charts, same studies. same everything.

It is visibly slower than the older but very reliable 9.0 release, and uses a lot more RAM, just sitting there doing nothing. There must be some memory leaks somewhere.

How do I go back to 9.0? I re-downloaded that but it won't let me install it over 9.1 for some reason.

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Aug 2015

It takes forever (3-5 minutes at least) to login and retrieve data from Rithmic, whereas it used to take 30 seconds or so. Same workspaces and charts, same studies. same everything.

It is visibly slower than the older but very reliable 9.0 release, and uses a lot more RAM, just sitting there doing nothing. There must be some memory leaks somewhere.
In terms of using more RAM I really can't see it but for sure this beta has problems in loading data.
The same is happening with OEC data. Sometimes the chart loads OK, other times it takes forever to load or it don't load anything. It just hangs there, reloading data...
And this is happening with all type of data, minute and tick. Sometimes minute data loads OK but then you open a footprint or a T&S and there's no data.
Sometimes is the other way around, you open a footprint chart and all data seems to be OK and then open a minute chart and there's no data, the chart just hangs there... and if you decide to reload the footprint, again, sometimes it also hangs and it stay there, reloading data...

I would advise traders to wait for beta 2 release before trying to test 9.1 features, at least regarding .NET version. Regular version beta 1 is working flawlessly.

Japhro, you can always uninstall 9.1 and reinstall 9.0.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Aug 2015

Please send us the logs for this occurrence.
How do I go back to 9.0? I re-downloaded that but it won't let me install it over 9.1 for some reason.
You need to uninstall ver. 9.1 first, then install ver. 9.0.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Aug 2015

In terms of using more RAM I really can't see it but for sure this beta has problems in loading data.
The same is happening with OEC data. Sometimes the chart loads OK, other times it takes forever to load or it don't load anything. It just hangs there, reloading data...
And this is happening with all type of data, minute and tick. Sometimes minute data loads OK but then you open a footprint or a T&S and there's no data.
Sometimes is the other way around, you open a footprint chart and all data seems to be OK and then open a minute chart and there's no data, the chart just hangs there... and if you decide to reload the footprint, again, sometimes it also hangs and it stay there, reloading data...
Please send us the logs for this occurrence and the workspaces you are using.

arnie

Postby arnie » 04 Aug 2015

Please send us the logs for this occurrence and the workspaces you are using.
Christina already collected them, Friday if I'm not mistaken.
I can send new ones if you want.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”