Multicharts TWS - will it be working after Sep 10th ?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Automeq

Multicharts TWS - will it be working after Sep 10th ?

Postby Automeq » 07 Sep 2015

Regarding the Multichart TWS (Interactive Brokers) you say:
All licensed MC .NET for TWS users will continue to receive support until September 10th, 2015. Only existing MC .NET for TWS installations will continue working. No new updates will be released.
I've using MC TWS but reading this I didn't undestand if I'll be able to continue using it (even without support) or if that will stop working after Sep 10th.

TJ

Re: Multicharts TWS - will it be working after Sep 10th ?

Postby TJ » 07 Sep 2015

Regarding the Multichart TWS (Interactive Brokers) you say:
All licensed MC .NET for TWS users will continue to receive support until September 10th, 2015. Only existing MC .NET for TWS installations will continue working. No new updates will be released.
I've using MC TWS but reading this I didn't undestand if I'll be able to continue using it (even without support) or if that will stop working after Sep 10th.

Are you using MC .NET ? or the MC (EasyLanguage)?

Automeq

Well, it's the one coming with Interactive Brokers platform. I thought it was just one version available.

In Help - About I see

Multicharts .NET64 for TWS version 8.9 release (build 10291)

Automeq

The question is if this will go on working after Sep 10th because it is mentioned that:

Only existing MC .NET for TWS installations will continue working

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Sep 2015

Moderator, where did my reply in this thread go?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Sep 2015

Hello Automeq,

All MC for TWS/MC .NET for TWS installations will stop working on September 20th, 2015. You will not be able to continue using it. If you want to get a discount for the full version of MultiCharts (.NET) - please contact us directly until September 20th, 2015.

darob

Postby darob » 16 Oct 2015

Far be it for me to judge what's behind the TWS-MC discontinuation but there was no indication when it started that it was only temporary and I wouldn't have bothered spending hours tweaking custom alerts that work between MC and TWS charts if I'd known.

When the discontinuation was first announced it was stated current users would still be able to continue with their current versions. But that was only available for 10 extra days. Pointless.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Oct 2015

Far be it for me to judge what's behind the TWS-MC discontinuation but there was no indication when it started that it was only temporary and I wouldn't have bothered spending hours tweaking custom alerts that work between MC and TWS charts if I'd known.

When the discontinuation was first announced it was stated current users would still be able to continue with their current versions. But that was only available for 10 extra days. Pointless.
Hello darob,

When contract with IB was not prolonged both we and IB have notified all MC (.NET) for TWS users that installations will stop working on September 20th, 2015 and it will not be possible to continue using this platform.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”