to have write access to "Discussion" part of wiki pages?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
gztanwei

to have write access to "Discussion" part of wiki pages?

Postby gztanwei » 25 Sep 2015

Hi as user contributions, I (and may be some others) would like to add some supplement tips to the page contents, and raise some questions.

I think the wiki pages itself have to be modified by staff to maintain correctness. At the same time, is it possible to open write access to "Discussion" part of wiki pages to paid users?

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: to have write access to "Discussion" part of wiki pages?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Oct 2015

Hello gztanwei,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your suggestion to the management. In the meantime you can use the forum to discuss the wiki info.

orad

Postby orad » 13 Nov 2015

Hi Henry,

Could you please also forward this request to the management? In the recent years we have seen many small and large teams migrating their projects to GitHub. Microsoft has moved the core .NET framework and compilers to GitHub [1] [2]. I think MultiCharts can also benefit a lot by using GitHub for at least the following:

- Hosting the core PL and PL.NET studies that ship with MultiCharts (MC-1690)
- Host Wikis and documentation. This will allow user contributions as well as integration with many third party services to produce better docs output like readthedocs.org
- Integrate users for everything. Right now users need to create individual id/password for each part of the MultiCharts site. Forum, Project Management, etc. By using GitHub you'll reach all GitHub user base. Allow them to chat in Gitter and a lot more.
- Allow submitting of bug reports issues and features in a much better workflow.
- Right now user contributions submitted to the forums are pretty much lost within discussions, by using GitHub things will be better organized.
- Allow users to contribute new studies and improve existing ones with documentations etc.
- GitHub is fast. MultiCharts forums, PM, wikis are always slow at least in the U.S.

and a lot more. benefits of using GitHub today are so obvious to developers that don't need to be explained. Switching away from existing old system of forums and project management and documentations wiki to GitHub may not be easy but will be a very wise strategic decision as many other big projects have done already and are glad they did.

Thanks,
orad

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Nov 2015

Hello orad,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have forwarded them to the management.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”