can I add more exit strategy into chart trading panel?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
gztanwei

can I add more exit strategy into chart trading panel?

Postby gztanwei » 25 Sep 2015

related to this wiki page: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Strategies

My goal is to entry manually and then have the exit strategy attached and let it manage automatically.

I tried to do that using signals, but I found that signals, such as out-of-box "ATR_Trailing_LX", will not exit trades I entered manually. I guess it only exit trades generated by the auto strategy itself...

So I'm thinking, whether my goal can be achieved by programming exit strategy in the chart trading function?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: can I add more exit strategy into chart trading panel?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Oct 2015

Hello gztanwei,

There is no way to add your own exit strategies to the Chart Trading Toolbar. You can only save up to 4 templates of each prebuilt strategy with your own settings.
That is possible to create your own chart trading toolbar. Please check the prebuilt signal _ChartToolBar_Trading_
If you want auto trading to manage the position you have opened manually - please refer to the following topics:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10817
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8499#p56745

gztanwei

Postby gztanwei » 06 Oct 2015

Hello gztanwei,

There is no way to add your own exit strategies to the Chart Trading Toolbar. You can only save up to 4 templates of each prebuilt strategy with your own settings.
That is possible to create your own chart trading toolbar. Please check the prebuilt signal _ChartToolBar_Trading_
If you want auto trading to manage the position you have opened manually - please refer to the following topics:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10817
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8499#p56745
Thanks. I would like to relay Andrew's instruction in this thread as that thread is in MC sub-forum.

In Andrew's reply below, what doe the !From Broker To Chart Strategy! mean? Is it sth specific to MC or Easy Language? What is the equivalent for MC.Net or C#?

Thanks!

http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... 817#p53352
I believe you misunderstand how it should work, Sir.
1. You apply a synchronizer strategy, in this case !From Broker To Chart Strategy!.
2. You apply your own exit strategy.
3. You turn on automation.
4. You place a manual entry.
5. In short time the synchronizer strategy opens position on chart only to match broker position.
6. Your exit strategy sees the position on chart is opened and generates an exit order.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2015

Thanks. I would like to relay Andrew's instruction in this thread as that thread is in MC sub-forum.

In Andrew's reply below, what doe the !From Broker To Chart Strategy! mean? Is it sth specific to MC or Easy Language? What is the equivalent for MC.Net or C#?

Thanks!
Please refer to "From_Broker_To_Strategy_MP_Synchronizer" prebuilt signal.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”