Begin / End of Bar - Custom Bars

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
KaBo

Begin / End of Bar - Custom Bars

Postby KaBo » 29 Sep 2015

I have a couple of questions regarding bars.

1.) Is it possible to use the beginning time of the bar as the bar time in the chart? So if the session starts at 8 o'clock it would be the 8 o'clock bar and not the 9 o'clock bar on an hourly chart. On my other platform this setting is standard (although I can switch). Seems to me much more natural and logical. I may not see the wood for the trees but I can't find a setting option in MC.

2.) Is it possible to use/program custom bar types (e.g. better-renko, median-renko, Kasebars, etc.)? I have done this on another platform and I wonder if it is possible in MC.Net. I don't need it right now, but if it is not possible I will sure open a feature request in the project management.

Cheers
KaBo

KaBo

Re: Begin / End of Bar - Custom Bars

Postby KaBo » 02 Oct 2015

Hmm, tough questions or is it inappropriate to say that I used different programs before MC?!
Should be easy to answer for anyone who worked with it longer!
A simple
1.) No / Yes
2.) No / Yes
would do ?! Thanks!

jwebster503

Postby jwebster503 » 02 Oct 2015

Perhaps my inexperienced answer is better than nothing :) :
1) I've always seen bars referenced by their ending time in MC, without exception. It'd be a pleasant surprise to find out there is another way to do it.
2a) I know of no way to emulate the BetterRenko or such -- there is a "standard" Renko, where you can set price size by absolute or percentage, and how frequently to evaluate the price (close), but nothing which says you wish brick prices to overlap by x%, and add wicks, etc.
2b) That being said, there is nothing stopping you from custom programming a BetterRenko with the behavior you've seen before -- you just need to know how to do custom drawing in your indicator. I've neither tried to do custom drawing nor plots in a Renko-bar system, so I'm not sure the steps you'd take.

Sorry for lack of details -- this is why I held off from answering before -- I cannot really add much value. However, since you asked for someone to respond, and I've been in that position before -- even having someone respond that they're reading your post and do care is nice. :)

Good luck!

Jeff

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Oct 2015

Hello KaBo,

1) MultiCharts shows closing time as timestamps of bars, there is no option to show opening time of bars.

2) Please refer to the following posts:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45405#p98521
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46489&p=104360#p104360

You can also vote for MC-1334 - Better Renko - Mean Renko - Renko Hybrid - Own bar types.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”