MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 RELEASE

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 RELEASE

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Oct 2015

MultiCharts 9.1 .NET Release is available for download now (builds 11816/11817)!
This version introduces a number of long-awaited features implemented in response to numerous user feature requests.

Local broker simulation, Forex board, Volume Profile in DOM window, multibroker trading performance summary and the ability to export only selected Trading Performance Report segments are only just a few highlights of the new features and improvements list. Currency conversion algorithm has been improved and Realized PnL is now available for the majority of supported brokers. We also added the possibility to set trailing stop, profit target and other special orders parameters in ticks for auto trading.
Click here to learn more about these builds.

Go to MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Release download page

TRaiderMax

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 RELEASE

Postby TRaiderMax » 07 Oct 2015

I have to say I fail to see the point in offering Forex Connect API for FXCM thru MC 9.1 if we still have to subscribe to MCFX in order to get data. It was possible to trade FXCM with prior versions of MC by subscribing to MCFX. So what's different? I thought the idea was to allow those of us who have purchased MC to get a fully functioning FX trading platform without having to pay extra fees. I'm, very disappointed in this development. Hiding behind some secret "Agreement" with FXCM sounds to me like you're only milking a cash cow. NT offers their platform with FXCM compatibility. Why would a "Special Agreement" be required between MC and FXCM?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Oct 2015

Hello TRaiderMax,

Thank you for bringing up this subject. Let us clarify the situation.
Previously there was no infrastructure for data access on the FXCM end. That is why we have created our own servers for providing the FXCM compatible data services to the users.
We were providing "Free Forex Charts" offer for free for Standard FXCM account holders that traded at least 8 standard lots or 80 mini lots each month. Unfortunately this offer is no longer available due to recent policy changes conducted by FXCM in regards to the Service Providers on an unilateral basis.
We are going to consider opportunity for adding support for FXCM data feed using the new API in the nearest future. We will keep you updated.

TRaiderMax

Postby TRaiderMax » 12 Oct 2015

In that case I look forward to this new data feed functionality. Hopefully sooner than later. Thank you for considering it.

arnie

Postby arnie » 23 Nov 2015

Something is wrong here.
I'm on build 11817 and when we set new keyboard shortcut they are not saved.

We set a new shortcut, it works fine, we close MC, and when we reopen it again, the shortcut is not there, we need to create it again.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Nov 2015

Something is wrong here.
I'm on build 11817 and when we set new keyboard shortcut they are not saved.

We set a new shortcut, it works fine, we close MC, and when we reopen it again, the shortcut is not there, we need to create it again.
Hello arnie,

I was unable to replicate it on our end. Do you have an issue with any command or with a specific one? Did you make sure that all MultiCharts .NET processes finished after you have closed it?

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Nov 2015

Hello arnie,

I was unable to replicate it on our end. Do you have an issue with any command or with a specific one? Did you make sure that all MultiCharts .NET processes finished after you have closed it?
Just to say that Henry just fix this via Live Chat.
It was due to Windows 10 folder permissions that were not allowing any changes to the Hotkey file.

Another one of Windows 10 idiosyncrasies.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Dec 2015

MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Release 2 builds 12063/12064 is out now!
You can check the change log in our blog.
Go to download page

bestrefrigerated

Postby bestrefrigerated » 02 Dec 2015

I would love direct support for FXCM too :)

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Dec 2015

Is there a reason why the TPO study continue not having the Open price highlighted when set to show Alphas?

Also, why isn't the study updating in real time (30 sec delay if I'm not mistaken), plotting a new letter when we have a new high/low for the period? Is there any technical reason for this or it was just by design of the developer?

nsymms

Postby nsymms » 12 Dec 2015

To me it looks like the latest release (build 12063 etc.) broke the ChartPoint2Point function when it references "future" bars. I posted a bug in the PM site a few days ago, but it hasn't been looked at. It has a test function that clearly shows the issue. It's here https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1977.

There's an item in the 9.1v2 release notes that says "Incorrect future bar timestamps" and probably thisis what broke it ChartPoint2Point.

Unless, of course, there's something specific to my setup that makes this only happen for me. :(

Or maybe there's another function that I (and many others) can use now to draw things on the "future" bars area?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Dec 2015

To me it looks like the latest release (build 12063 etc.) broke the ChartPoint2Point function when it references "future" bars. I posted a bug in the PM site a few days ago, but it hasn't been looked at. It has a test function that clearly shows the issue. It's here https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1977.

There's an item in the 9.1v2 release notes that says "Incorrect future bar timestamps" and probably thisis what broke it ChartPoint2Point.

Unless, of course, there's something specific to my setup that makes this only happen for me. :(

Or maybe there's another function that I (and many others) can use now to draw things on the "future" bars area?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hello nsymms,

The time display issue on tick charts is still present in Release 2. That is possible that these issues are linked. We apologize for that. The fix is targeted to the next version now.

arnie

Postby arnie » 03 Jan 2016

Here's an error I never seen before.

After restart Windows all seems OK. I was able to open MC again.

I'n on build 12064
Attachments
error05.png
(8.93 KiB) Downloaded 4522 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jan 2016

Here's an error I never seen before.

After restart Windows all seems OK. I was able to open MC again.

I'n on build 12064
Hello arnie,

Please continue the conversation on this case with Dave directly.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Feb 2016

MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Release 3 builds 12412/12413 is out now!
Go to the download page

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2016

MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Release 4 builds 12588/12589 is out now!
Go to the download page

arnie

Postby arnie » 03 Jun 2016

Where is the option to put the "$" in the realised P/L at OPT?

Is not in QM at the symbol dictionary and also not in the Preferences->Trading->Currency options
Attachments
usd_signal.jpg
(17.63 KiB) Downloaded 3892 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jun 2016

Hello arnie,

There is no way to change the Realized P/L values that are already stored in the Order and Position Tracker Window - Positions History tab. The values are saved with the currently selected preferred currency upon the position update.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”