When should you post here versus phone, live chat...  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
smuir

When should you post here versus phone, live chat...

Postby smuir » 08 Dec 2015

There are various support avenues: live chat, phone, a support request...

When is one appropriate versus another?

Is the forum geared more towards code and bugs?

Since in two years I've had few problems, only today did this question occur to me.

I am a licensed user.

There is only one issue in two years I've been unable to figure out, a chart trade confirmation quote for bonds at 128 instead of 32nds as it should be. (it is correct after the order is active)

Where would a question (still unanswered) like that be best answered?

Seems like a reasonable question.

JoshM

Re: When should you post here versus phone, live chat...  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 09 Dec 2015

The way I understand it, the forum is primarily for community-based support. That's also probably why you're only seeing one MultiCharts employee (Henry) around here.

If you need technical support, like your bond quote/price scale issue, you're better of to email support (support@multicharts.com) if it's non-urgent. If it needs to be fixed promptly, you can better go to the live chat (see button in the top of each webpage).

I personally never have called MultiCharts in all these years; can't think of a situation where that would be needed or helpful for me personally.

smuir

Re: When should you post here versus phone, live chat...

Postby smuir » 09 Dec 2015

The way I understand it, the forum is primarily for community-based support. That's also probably why you're only seeing one MultiCharts employee (Henry) around here.

If you need technical support, like your bond quote/price scale issue, you're better of to email support (support@multicharts.com) if it's non-urgent. If it needs to be fixed promptly, you can better go to the live chat (see button in the top of each webpage).

I personally never have called MultiCharts in all these years; can't think of a situation where that would be needed or helpful for me personally.

Thank you.

I'll use your experience and wisdom.

MC has been good to me.

thx again

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”