Holiday Data?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
datamonkey

Holiday Data?

Postby datamonkey » 15 Jan 2016

When I go on holiday or am away from my PC for a number of days what's the best way to get all data loaded to my charts so I can load them with full history on my return? In other words save the data locally to my PC for the trading I've missed?

I use the Rithmic feed.

arnie

Re: Holiday Data?

Postby arnie » 15 Jan 2016

When I go on holiday or am away from my PC for a number of days what's the best way to get all data loaded to my charts so I can load them with full history on my return? In other words save the data locally to my PC for the trading I've missed?

I use the Rithmic feed.

Just open the charts with the time interval you want. For instance, load the last 10 days or load starting from X day til today.
Unfortunately QuoteManager don't have any tools, yet, to download missing data directly from the servers. We're forced to open a chart to collect the data.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 18 Jan 2016

I use the Rithmic feed.

Just open the charts with the time interval you want. For instance, load the last 10 days or load starting from X day til today.
Unfortunately QuoteManager don't have any tools, yet, to download missing data directly from the servers. We're forced to open a chart to collect the data.
Thanks for your post but what you described would work if I had the data locally stored already. As I have been away and not loaded my charts up for a period loading say the last 10 days won't work as there's no data to load from.

This has never worked in the past and is what prompted me to ask how I can get around it. Not sure if it has anything to do with the feed I use (Rithmic) or not. Can I ask what feed you use if the above works for you?

arnie

Postby arnie » 18 Jan 2016

Thanks for your post but what you described would work if I had the data locally stored already. As I have been away and not loaded my charts up for a period loading say the last 10 days won't work as there's no data to load from.
Actually no. If you have the option shown on the image below selected, MC will download from the feed servers the missing days.

This has never worked in the past and is what prompted me to ask how I can get around it. Not sure if it has anything to do with the feed I use (Rithmic) or not. Can I ask what feed you use if the above works for you?
Rithmic was known by not have historic data available, I believe they would only have 3 days or so but if I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere (maybe on Optimus Futures site (?)) that Rithmic has now 3 months of historic data available.
You need to confirm with them how many historic days they offer.
If they in fact continue not offering any historic data, in this case is natural that MC cannot download the missing days and there's nothing you can do about it. Well, the only thing is to change or subscribe a second feed that offers historic data, such as IQFeed.

I use my broker's feed (OEC) which has 3 months of historic (tick) data
Attachments
online.jpg
(27.51 KiB) Downloaded 1024 times

datamonkey

Re: Holiday Data?  [SOLVED]

Postby datamonkey » 19 Jan 2016

Actually no. If you have the option shown on the image below selected, MC will download from the feed servers the missing days.

Rithmic was known by not have historic data available, I believe they would only have 3 days or so but if I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere (maybe on Optimus Futures site (?)) that Rithmic has now 3 months of historic data available.
You need to confirm with them how many historic days they offer.
If they in fact continue not offering any historic data, in this case is natural that MC cannot download the missing days and there's nothing you can do about it. Well, the only thing is to change or subscribe a second feed that offers historic data, such as IQFeed.

I use my broker's feed (OEC) which has 3 months of historic (tick) data
Arnie, thanks for your help with this.

As it turns out I am going to use the Rithmic Pro feed ($20 per month) which provides tick data going back further than the last session which my existing standard Rithmic feed offered.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”