Timeline script/dashboard

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Hubace789

Timeline script/dashboard

Postby Hubace789 » 18 Jan 2016

Hi all,

I've been perusing the MC boards for a while, putting together a wishlist of personal things I'd like from MC and other visualization programs in order to start running a new research service.

I'm looking to hire programmers to build scripts/dashboards that can work how I like.

One of the major wishes I'd like comes from this idea here:

http://timeline.knightlab.com/

Here is the template on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/previewtemplat ... ode=public

I would absolutely love this feature in MC. I am definitely new to MC so I'd like to know if I should add this to the wishlist page, or, if anyone knows if such a thing has been created, or, how difficult it would be to create!

I really need a dashboard almost identical to this, so that I can manually input events into the timeline and have them show up on the chart in real time AND more importantly, data replay.

Please let me know your thoughts,
Very much appreciated

Hubace789

Re: Timeline script/dashboard

Postby Hubace789 » 18 Jan 2016

Just to be more clear in how I see this working:

I would love there to be a simple dashboard table, basically endless rows and # columns to be determined. Each ticker has it's own dashboard. Column 1 is the date, which is manually inputted. This would match with the data and plot a "point" on the close price. Columns 2 represents the text that prompts when the mouse hovers over the "point", or, ideally, if in data replay mode, on approach say once that date passes, the text box opens and remains open for 10 bars, for example. This way, if we are watching the USD/CAD, or looking at equities, this text box would essentially be a milestone fundamental event that dictates the major trend.

If this makes sense to anyone as a good feature to have, I would love to be pointed in the right direction on who to contact to get this type of script created. I am a complete programming amateur.

My second option, if this does not work, is to use a video compositor/editor to overlay the texts on a pre-made screen capture, but having them native in MultiCharts would be an incredible tool and much easier to operate.

EDIT:

I've already been referred to userABC, but I am also open to hiring anyone else who believes they can create such a tool.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Timeline script/dashboard

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jan 2016

Hello Hubace789,

Please contact us directly if you are interested in the custom programming services.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”