Portfolio Trader work-around indicator multi time frame?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
jimpe606

Portfolio Trader work-around indicator multi time frame?

Postby jimpe606 » 17 Feb 2016

Hi,

What is the best work around?
Portfolio Trader is missing Bar Magnifier and IOG. I need to place trades befor end of session e.g. 15 minutes before close based on indicator values of daily resolution.

I understand this is only possible with charts so far but I would like to trade many stocks and apply signal sorting/filtering, feasible in Portfolio Trades, also avoid too many charts.

I had in mind maybe possible to share indicator information from the scanner to realtime portfolio trader, Anyone having ideas/solution proposals (scanner-->portfolio trader)?
-Is it possible e.g. using global storage/variables?
-Using database and write and read data (scanner-->Portfolio trader)?
-other ideas?

Regards,
Jimmy

JoshM

Re: Portfolio Trader work-around indicator multi time frame?

Postby JoshM » 20 Feb 2016

Perhaps with the DataLoader: Receiving the data for any symbol and any resolution. DataLoader?

(With the emphasis on perhaps since I haven't used it in this context yet so I might be totally off here).

ABC

Re: Portfolio Trader work-around indicator multi time frame?

Postby ABC » 23 Feb 2016

jimpe606,

two datastreams would probably the simplest solution. Data1 could be anything from 1 to 15 minutes, Data2 could be daily bars.

If you need the actual values of daily bars indicator's 15 minute before the close however, you will have to compute them using lower timeframe data. In this case one datastream is enough.

Regards,

ABC

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”