Pls vote for "change DOM left click behavior" project item

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
gztanwei

Pls vote for "change DOM left click behavior" project item

Postby gztanwei » 25 Apr 2016

Hi guys,

I found that when I click on the buy side of the DOM at price level above market price (ex. I click buy price level 5001, when market price is 5000), the program submits a STOP order at the price level I click, instead of limit order.

But what I really wanna do is to submit a limit order at certain price level or better. I'm sure a lot of traders wanted to trade a signal at certain price or better (like at 20 EMA level)

Also, this logic (left click on DOM to submit limit order) is commonly implemented in NT, MD, InteractiveBrokers, and others.

Therefore I suggest to at least offer an option to switch to this logic.

Could you please help to vote on this project item, so that it will be done? Thank you!

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-2035
Attachments
Image 1.png
(13.56 KiB) Downloaded 1095 times

MidKnight

Re: Pls vote for "change DOM left click behavior" project it

Postby MidKnight » 02 May 2016

Hi there,

From my experience it is common amongst DOMs to enter Stop buy orders if you click above the best offer, and limit orders if you click at or below the best offer. The better order entry platforms allow you to change it from a stop to a stop limit.

With kind regards,
MK

gztanwei

Postby gztanwei » 02 May 2016

Hi there,

From my experience it is common amongst DOMs to enter Stop buy orders if you click above the best offer, and limit orders if you click at or below the best offer. The better order entry platforms allow you to change it from a stop to a stop limit.

With kind regards,
MK
I see thanks.

I only used NT, MD, InteractiveBrokers before. Could you advise which other platforms submits stop orders in DOMs? I'd like to give it a try.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 03 May 2016

I only used NT, MD, InteractiveBrokers before. Could you advise which other platforms submits stop orders in DOMs? I'd like to give it a try.
I'm not sure which do that but OEC Trader does left click limit / right click stop with the option to switch the buttons the other way around. That's probably my favourite implementation. X Trader does limit with buttons in the trade panel to switch to either stop market or stop limit for the next order placed and then revert.

I've voted for the change in PM but I suspect that this is unlikely to happen anytime soon. MC development has always been focused on the backtesting and auto trading aspects rather than us point and click traders. There are many improvements I'd like to see to the DOM. In the meantime, you might want to look at the Jigsaw plugin DOM for MC.net. It's expensive but I'm told it's very good.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”