Prioritize entries by ascending price  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
darob

Prioritize entries by ascending price

Postby darob » 22 Aug 2016

Hi, there's something I'm obviously not understanding about this: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... esPriority

The example in the wiki is exactly what I want but Priority and Close aren't being recognized. Is there a sample code available that shows more context?

Many thanks

Kristina MultiCharts

Re: Prioritize entries by ascending price

Postby Kristina MultiCharts » 23 Aug 2016

Hi,

Please click here to download the sample code and sample workspace demonstrating how to use PortfolioEntriesPriority function.

darob

Postby darob » 23 Aug 2016

Thanks Kristina. Are you able to send the file as .pln instead of .pla? MultiCharts.Net isn't seeing it.

Kristina MultiCharts

Re: Prioritize entries by ascending price  [SOLVED]

Postby Kristina MultiCharts » 24 Aug 2016

Hi,

Unfortunately in .Net version this functionality is not fully implemented and will be available in one of the future .Net versions.
There is another way to achieve what you want, you can use Portfolio_Rank_MM as a money management signal and Portfolio_Rank_Signal_Base as your strategy and set priorities for several symbols for opening positions. You can check the description of this strategy in our wiki or you can open the signal code in .Net and modify it if needed. https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... k_Strategy

darob

Postby darob » 24 Aug 2016

Hi Kristina, I've looked at those but have already got a strategy and the built-in MM seems comprehensive enough for me. Dynamic prioritizing would be the icing on the cake. I can achieve a "semi dynamic" setup by rearranging symbols on the close.

The ability to sort symbols by price like you can in a watchlist/scanner would be great.

Cheers

darob

Postby darob » 24 Aug 2016

I've had another look at the MM scripts and while I can't see a straightforward way to roll all my entry signals into the Portfolio Rank Signal Base (there's 10 of them) I found I could improve performance on a 6 mo backtest by using the Portfolio Rotation MM with my current strategy. I don't understand it but I'm going to use it :) Thanks again.

darob

Postby darob » 26 Aug 2016

When the Rotation MM doesn't find any pmm variables it seems you can still do some useful things with it depending on how you organize the Portfolio Tree--like deny positions in your most expensive stocks on a given day if you're trading in percentages.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”