Moving Average Settings  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
datamonkey

Moving Average Settings

Postby datamonkey » 31 Aug 2016

Hi, not sure if I'm being dopey here but I'm looking to have a few moving averages set on my charts calculated from different data.

One I want applied to the bar 'close' price and one applied to the median price (HL/2). I can't see where these adjustments are made though in the MA formatting window. Are they possible and if so how?

Many thanks!

Alex MultiCharts

Re: Moving Average Settings

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 01 Sep 2016

Hello,

In .NET version it is not possible to set it up in the indicator inputs, will need to modify the script to achieve that.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 01 Sep 2016

Hello,

In .NET version it is not possible to set it up in the indicator inputs, will need to modify the script to achieve that.
That is surprising to hear as I thought it would be a basic feature of one of the most used technical indicators... Oh well, thanks for your reply anyway.

Would be really grateful if anyone out there has an MA with this feature?

I would code it myself if I had any idea what I was doing! :)

Alex MultiCharts

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 01 Sep 2016

That is surprising to hear as I thought it would be a basic feature of one of the most used technical indicators...
In .NET version such inputs are not available due to C# and VB .NET specifics.
MultiCharts .NET version was designed for experienced programmers and in some areas it is more complicated, in comparison to the regular version.

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 01 Sep 2016

That is surprising to hear as I thought it would be a basic feature of one of the most used technical indicators...
In .NET version such inputs are not available due to C# and VB .NET specifics.
MultiCharts .NET version was designed for experienced programmers and in some areas it is more complicated, in comparison to the regular version.
Yeah I bought the wrong version! lol

Should have gone for the standard licence...

darob

Postby darob » 13 Sep 2016

Hi datamonkey, here's a non-coder's effort that you can try until someone does it properly. Note don't even think about entering a displacement value. Also the alert still references the close, I don't know how to change that. Good luck.
Attachments
Mov_Avg_Median_1_Line.pln
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 604 times

datamonkey

Postby datamonkey » 14 Sep 2016

Hi datamonkey, here's a non-coder's effort that you can try until someone does it properly. Note don't even think about entering a displacement value. Also the alert still references the close, I don't know how to change that. Good luck.
Wow really appreciate you dong that. I'll test it out today and will make sure not to use displacement!

Thanks again, you're a star!

darob

Postby darob » 14 Sep 2016

You're welcome. Actually looks like displace works afterall, should have tried it first..

Cheers

datamonkey

Re: Moving Average Settings  [SOLVED]

Postby datamonkey » 14 Sep 2016

You're welcome. Actually looks like displace works afterall, should have tried it first..

Cheers
Yeah works perfectly. Again thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated!

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”