Portfolio Trader command line options

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
fbertram

Portfolio Trader command line options

Postby fbertram » 17 Nov 2016

Hi MultiCharts fans,

I am looking to automate Portfolio Trader on my server. So far I have been using AutoIT to automate the GUI, but I would prefer to have something that is more stable than emulating keyboard input and mouse clicks.

Question: are there command line options that allow me to:
* load a portfolio workspace
* start backtesting
* start auto-trading
* bypass all possible error windows
* bypass all possible confirmation windows

In case these features do not exist (which I have to assume in the absence of documentation), I'd be more than happy to draft a feature request...

Thank you,
best regards, Felix

JoshM

Re: Portfolio Trader command line options

Postby JoshM » 18 Nov 2016

In case these features do not exist (which I have to assume in the absence of documentation), I'd be more than happy to draft a feature request...
I also have never come across these features, unfortunately. Some features, like start auto-trading, will probably not be created since that would nullify the legal pop-up we still get when enabling auto-trading.

I'd certainly vote for such a feature request, but given the backlog of requests that there already is I don't expect it to be made. Perhaps your time is better spend tweaking AutoIt a bit further to increase your confidence when using it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Nov 2016

Hello Felix,

Portfolio Trader does not have the command line toolbar, therefore it does not support the “command line” commands from the code.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 18 Nov 2016

Portfolio Trader does not have the command line toolbar, therefore it does not support the “command line” commands from the code.
But what about command line parameters that we can add to shortcuts in Windows? Like these for the Windows Media Player as a random example.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Nov 2016

But what about command line parameters that we can add to shortcuts in Windows? Like these for the Windows Media Player as a random example.
Hi Josh,

Opening specific workspace/s is the only supported command:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Parameters

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”