Using multiple accounts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
RobBoss

Using multiple accounts

Postby RobBoss » 24 Nov 2016

I have searched through the forums and saw plenty of info that indicates multiple accounts can be run from one Multicharts.net instance, but I wanted to ask the question directly to make sure.

If I had a friend who created a Multicharts specific CQG account and funded it, could I run my CQG account in one workspace, and log into my friends account on a different workspace to trade there simultaneously?

Right now I am only working with one chart; CL futures, and a custom strategy.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Using multiple accounts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Nov 2016

Hello RobBoss,

That is possible to create multiple CQG broker profiles in order to connect using different logins. Please keep in mind that only one login can be used for data access.

If you are using auto trading:
After a signal is applied to chart you need to configure the auto trading settings:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... to_Trading
Each chart has its own auto trading plugin settings.
Please go to Format->Strategy Properties->Auto trading tab->Select broker plugin->select the profile you need->go to Settings to configure the auto trading plugin for this chart.
For information regarding your connection please refer to the following page:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... r_Plug-ins

If you want to use this account for manual trading - please refer to the corresponding wiki page:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... al_Trading

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 06 Sep 2019

If using multiple cqg api user profiles from one MC: will they each have their own process in task manager? Will they each have their own order queue too?

Regards,

Will

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Oct 2019

If using multiple cqg api user profiles from one MC: will they each have their own process in task manager?
Yes
Will they each have their own order queue too?
No, threre is a single order queue per API. One API can process one order at a time. It means all orders that are generated by the strategies are put into a queue and sent one by one to the API. Once one order is sent, the trading engine starts sending the next order. That is not technically possible to send two orders simultaneously to one API.
If there are two APIs (two different brokers) – then two orders can be sent almost at the same time.
In order to perform such high speed calculations you need a multi-core CPU (4 cores or more).

wilkinsw

Re: Using multiple accounts  [SOLVED]

Postby wilkinsw » 08 Oct 2019

Can you create multiple CQG profiles and therefore multiple CQG Apis?

If not, can MC rework the cqg api to allow parallel order processing? or multiple cqg api’s? Order routing is very slow at times compared to CQGs and TTs stand-alone software.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Oct 2019

Can you create multiple CQG profiles and therefore multiple CQG Apis?
All CQG broker profiles in one MultiCharts product are single API. If you want to initialize two API instances, you need to run two products, for example MultiCharts 32 bit and MultiCharts 64 bit.
If not, can MC rework the cqg api to allow parallel order processing? or multiple cqg api’s? Order routing is very slow at times compared to CQGs and TTs stand-alone software.
Order processing speed is not dependent on MultiCharts. Order events are asynchronous, they are processed as soon as they are received from the API. There can be small delay only if you are sending two orders at the same millisecond.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”