Programming Custom Broker Profiles  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
orad

Programming Custom Broker Profiles

Postby orad » 17 May 2017

Hi, does MultiCharts .NET provide an interface to implement custom broker profiles in C#? Let's say I want to create a custom broker to talk to the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol. It must be possible to fake it somehow using TradeManager to track the orders and positions and proxy those through the FIX protocol, however, that will be a Study rather than a Broker Profile that MC detects. I'm thinking there should be a more straight-forward interface to implement this, pretty much the same way that MC adds support for new brokers. Can you please tell me what is supported and what's the best way to do this? I greatly appreciate any examples.

Thanks!

JoshM

Re: Programming Custom Broker Profiles  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 18 May 2017

Hi, does MultiCharts .NET provide an interface to implement custom broker profiles in C#? Let's say I want to create a custom broker to talk to the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol.
(...) pretty much the same way that MC adds support for new brokers.
This is unfortunately not possible as far as I know. To add new data sources or brokers, you'll need to buy a software development kit from MultiCharts (more information here). So I figure it's more or less deliberately not possible.

(That being said I hope to be corrected since it will be great if this feature is available in MultiCharts .NET.) :)

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”