Close Differs from 1M on Higher Timeframes

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Jobauma

Close Differs from 1M on Higher Timeframes

Postby Jobauma » 22 Dec 2017

Hi.

It seems that I've found a bug here.. I'm running version 11.0.15391.400 · x64 · R4.

The timeframes I'm using are 1M, 2M, 3M, 5M, 8M, 13M, 21M, 34M. :)

This seems to be happening when I'm using playback (with and without homemade indicators), but recently I discovered that current price with live data made some wrong bars with my 34M chart. Don't know if these two issues are related, but when I reloaded a bars indicator that I've made, the two last bars changed completely. I can't confirm how the built-in bars behaved, but the indicator is really simple and just uses the Bars.Open, Bars.High, Bars.Low and Bars.Close values assigned to curOpen, curHigh, curLow and curClose. I've noticed that my indicators have changed, even with those which only operates on close when reloading them.

Can it be that this is a live data bug with fibonacci timeframes? ( But I'm doubting it, because i didn't reload the chart, just the indicator. )

If this is the case, I can mention that I've been using a demo of Interactive Brokers for a while now. :) Some prices changes are usual when reloading the chart, but in this case close on M34 was something completely else and the whole bar(s) changed with more than 5 pips or so. I doesn't happen all the time, so I'm afraid it's an indicator bug or something. :)

Jobauma

Re: Close Differs from 1M on Higher Timeframes

Postby Jobauma » 22 Dec 2017

Realised that turning off "Skip Ticks with Identical Price" was the solution for playback. :)

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”